- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Persona, we’re building the first universal and comprehensive identity infrastructure to help businesses of all sizes better serve and protect their customers identities. Our identity platform enables businesses to securely collect and manage their customers’ personal information, to verify that their customers’ are who they say they are, to analyze and detect fraud and abuse, and to pull sensitive reports about their customers in a privacy-centric way. In a world where consumer behaviours are changing and privacy and identity are taking on a new meaning, we want to help businesses find their superpowers and do it while putting their customers, the people, first.
We’re looking for engineers with strong coding fundamentals, and a product-driven mindset. We strive to promote an inclusive culture, with engineers who are highly collaborative and want to learn and grow together.
About the Role
We are looking for passionate software engineers who are excited to build the identity layer for the internet. As a software engineer at Persona, you will be responsible for building features for our customers to enable them to configure their tailored identity verification solution easily and monitor, review, and decision off of identity information. You will help empower organizations so that developers, analysts, product managers, and fraud and risk operators will all thrive using the Persona platform.
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices within the engineering and product team
- Produce clean, high quality code, tests, and well written documentation
- Work closely with product managers, designers, customer success managers and sales and growth collaborators to build great experiences to delight our customers and our customers’ customers
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to deliver on complex initiatives together
- Develop simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- You will work in a solution stack that extends all the way from complex back-end data through web services to highly usable web-based user interfaces
- You will be able to directly shape system design, development methodologies and implementation technologies
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of work experience as a software engineer
- Experience of Software development in one or more of the general purpose programming languages: C/C++, Go, Python, Java, etc
- Desire and ability to write production quality code
- Proficiency in backend or full stack development
- Fluency in data structures, algorithms, data modeling, and schema design
- Experience in working in high energy small startup environments
- Knowledge of and expertise in software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with users, technical teams, and management
- Strong problem solving skills
At Persona, we strive to put diversity and inclusion at the forefront of everything we do, reflecting our core values. Our D&I Employee Resource Group seeks to build a diverse and inclusive team that fosters an environment where each Personerd feels empowered to bring their unique differences to work and achieve their full innovative potential. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first.
We strive to promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
If you'd like to better understand what to expect from working at Persona, feel free to check out our reviews on Glassdoor.