- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our international agile Product & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
As a Data Engineer at Personio you will have a crucial role at one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe. In an emerging team, you will build up and extend a data platform, which ensures that we have the best environment to make fast data-driven decisions.
Therefore, we are aiming for a standardized multi-interface data platform that can enable self-service delivery and end-to-end solutions for all data and BI-related use cases at Personio.
With your experience, you will be part of a team reaching this goal in an iterative way by defining a generalized data integration and warehouse architecture with a strong focus on generating business value.
Thereby, you will handle structured and unstructured data, build batch and streaming processes, enable business intelligence solutions and facilitate interactions between tools and processes of different departments.
Apart from that, you are also willing to learn from your colleagues, share your knowledge with them and act as a respected sparringspartner for them.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Build, improve and extend a scalable and cloud-based data platform in an iterative way
- Develop resilient and performant data architectures in order to make life easier for the internal key users of our data
- Shape a cloud-based stream and batch processing solution to integrate external data sources and APIs
- Provide tools and advice for data ingestion, processing and analysis to empower our teams in gaining valuable Insights
- Act as direct interface to our Product & Engineering and Infrastructure teams for all technical business intelligence topics
- Ensure high flexibility by implementing microservices in our architecture
- Ensure ways to enhance data quality and reliability
What you need to succeed
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Professional work experience with big data environment and in the cloud (e.g. hadoop, AWS, Azure, EMR) as well as with python
- Understanding of approaches to data storage and different data architectures (RDMBS, NOSQL databases, OLAP), proficiency with SQL
- Practice in clean code and test-driven development
- Knowledgeable about cloud infrastructure automation and management (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab CI)
- Experience in implementing event driven data pipelines, consuming data from streaming or event broadcast platforms (e.g. kinesis, amazon SNS, amazon SQS) as a plus
- Familiarity in data integration with complex software systems and microservice architectures as a plus
- Living agile: Frequent development cycles, continuous delivery and DevOps
- Logical and analytical thinking in combination with a high degree of data quality
- Communication and presentation skills
- Conscientious and autonomous working and being a team player
- Fluency in English (Level C1/C2)
- Strong desire to learn about new trends and technologies
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes
- Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme
- Choose between three mobility options: UNU electric scooter, JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €25 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Apply for this position
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company, and at the very same time: your future. As one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe, we have raised $125 million in ‘Series D’ funding in January 2021, making Personio the most valuable HR technology company in Europe. We have a great product and a fantastic team that will continue to grow through 2021, from 600 to 1,000. We already have more than 3,500 customers with a market that is only waiting to be developed further, but we aim high: Our goal is to build the leading HR platform in Europe.
At Personio, we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward thinkers who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?