- Date Posted
- Sep. 16, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Over the past four years, Personio has done a great job of building an extensive product with a strong market fit. It is now looking to appoint a senior product leader who has been through a rapid growth environment and who can build and structure a world-class product design function.
The Head of Product Design (HoPD) oversees one or multiple domains within the Design organization, pursuing the mission of “Enabling Designers in product to reliably deliver cutting-edge, high quality, user experiences to our users”. This person will lead and grow a team of highly talented Design Leaders, being a model of leadership and bringing dense knowledge about the Design craft.
Constantly looking for opportunities to improve processes, structures, and people, the HoPD is a business-oriented leader that makes sure our Design practices and priorities are connected with our overall company strategy and ambitions.
This role will be pivotal to the future success of the business as it looks to solidify and expand its all-in-one HR platform into new markets.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Owning the design vision and strategy around global aspects of the Personio experience (e.g. Design System, Analytics, Document Experience), constantly communicating and collaborating with stakeholders on the topic
- Leading by example in developing a highly professional and customer-focused culture
- Growing and developing a team of talented Design Leaders
- Providing context to the designers of her/his domain of current business objectives and vision, providing direction to their efforts
- Shaping and establishing exceptional product design practices, enabling for high-quality work and cross-functional collaboration from early discovery to delivery
- Working with the Director of UX, Design Leadership, UX Research Lead, and Departmental Leadership to distill our Design Vision and Principles into an actionable strategy
- Maintaining ongoing market and competitive analysis to ensure that Personio keeps its innovative position on the path to category leadership
- Building and leading a world-class product design organization – attracting and retaining high potential individuals into the domain
- Fostering a healthy team culture rooted in collaboration, transparency, and inclusiveness
What you need to succeed
- You have at least 10 years in the field, with relevant experience working on complex digital products, preferably in B2B SaaS
- You have around 6 years of experience managing product design teams, having built and scaled a design team in a context similar to our
- You have second-level management experience
- You have led design system initiatives
- You are well versed in Design Ops
- You are a humble leader - You believe that trust—earning it, giving it, and building it—is the foundation of great leadership
- You have great communication skills in English and, preferably, another EU language
- You are open to moving to Munich, London, Dublin, or Madrid
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes
- Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme
- Choose between three mobility options: UNU electric scooter, JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €25 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.