- Date Posted
- Nov. 13, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Personio is the all-in-one HR software for small and medium-sized companies. With offices in Munich, Madrid, London, Dublin, and Amsterdam, Personio is on a mission to make HR processes as transparent and efficient as possible so HR can focus on what matters most: people and strategy.
At Personio, UX writers work with design and product teams and collaborate across functions and departments, as equal partners in delivering the best user experience to the people who use our product.
We’re looking for a UX writer with proven leadership experience who wants to build a UX writing practice within our User Experience team. As our Lead UX Writer, you’ll have the opportunity to establish a UX writing strategy and vision, and to build the team that will help make Personio the most user-friendly, intuitive HR tool there is.
If you are unable to work in Munich then we would still love to chat with you and discuss some remote options or the opportunity to work in one of our other offices in either Madrid, London, Dublin, or Amsterdam!
Your responsibilities include:
- People Management → Help us hire, coach, and retain UX Writing talent, making sure every team member has the support and guidance to perform their best
- Drive the onboarding of new joiners
- Motivate, mentor, and develop team members to keep them growing and engaged
- Drive performance management of UX Writers, making sure every team member has a career plan and receives constant feedback
- Help domain leaders to plan, budget, and attract talented new hires
- Nurture and role-model a healthy team culture that is in line with our company values and principles.
- UX Writing Leadership → Help us shape, implement, and maintain a holistic UX writing direction that spans the entire product
- Represent the discipline of UX writing across the company, owning the overall product content experience, and building awareness and knowledge about the impact of content on the user experience
- Develop workflows around standards and documentation that can contribute to the Personio design system
- Establish a UX Writing strategy and vision
- Identify opportunities for offering to offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process
- Understand and act on insights from real customers, by contributing to research processes and observing customer interviews
- Proactively partner with other department leaders to understand our product capabilities, as well as to align on and support each other’s goals, visions, and strategic direction.
What you need to succeed
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with 5+ years of professional writing experience
- Proven leadership skills and a track record of educating and influencing colleagues and peers
- Experience identifying and delivering on opportunities to use content to shape user experiences
- Experience establishing voice and tone guidelines, selecting and writing for design components, and defining content patterns for digital experiences
- A passion for great teamwork, with experience collaborating closely with research, design, and development teams
- Experience empowering others to understand the value of strong content decisions as part of great user experiences
- Strong knowledge of content strategy, such as information architecture, including defining terminology and creating and maintaining word lists
- Demonstrable knowledge of writing for and working with localization to ensure consistent product communication across markets and languages
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes
- Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme
- Choose between two mobility options: JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €25 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Apply for this position
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company, and at the same time, the future of you. And we’re not just one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe. In October 2021 we raised $270 million in Series E funding, making Personio the fastest-growing and most valuable HR technology company in Europe. With nearly 5,000 customers and a team that has doubled in size in 2021 alone, now is the perfect time to join! We’re hiring talented, impact-driven individuals who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?