- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our international agile Product & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
You will work in an effective, autonomous, cross-functional feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev and mentoring skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for taking our UX and UI to the next level in close collaboration with designers and product owners. Additionally, you will play a decisive role in training and coaching your peers, as well as support in hiring decisions. An important part of the role is improving our frontend codebase (primarily React) and help us run it efficiently on our AWS infrastructure.
- Your tasks and responsibilities in a nutshell
- Bridging the gap between Frontend Engineering and UX Design
- Developing and reinforcing frontend engineering standards and guidelines among your peers across teams
- Identifying, documenting, and communicating technical improvements within your area of responsibility in the team
- Coaching and onboarding peer engineers
- Taking end-to-end ownership and directly contributing to Personio codebase as a frontend engineer, as part of a product team
- Driving small- to medium-sized cross-team engineering initiatives
- Participating in technical interview processes
What you need to succeed
- Over 7 years of relevant experience working on fast-scaling and complex systems
- Appreciation towards software craftsmanship, clean code, and SOLID design principles
- High standards for the quality of UI and experience interpreting and executing on the outcomes of UX research and Product Design
- Sound experience in performance monitoring and optimization
- Coaching experience. It’s important for you to learn from and teach peers, and to continuously help junior team members appreciate and apply best engineering and UX practices
- Driven by impact. You are eager to create customer value
- Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with talented and inspiring people. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- You are business-fluent in English (Level C1/C2)
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes
- Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme
- Choose between three mobility options: UNU electric scooter, JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €25 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility