- Date Posted
- Oct. 22, 2021
- Engineering QA
- Business Applications
Join our international QA Engineering team (as a part of Tech Platform Tribe) and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
The mission of the Technology Platform tribe is to ensure Personio is built and operated with excellence. We are responsible for ensuring our application adheres to the highest technical standards, and ensuring our engineers have the tools and infrastructure to achieve this.
The QA team mission is to drive down the occurrences of defects in Production. Although this mission is shared by all Product and Engineering teams, we specifically contribute by owning the tools, processes and practices which development teams use to test their code. We drive quality automation as an essential part of Continuous Delivery. Quality is built into the development process and the QA team supports this culture by designing and developing mechanisms which detect issues with our software quickly. We relentlessly pursue continuous improvement in Quality by analyzing the causes of bugs and customer support tickets, finding the root cause, and improving systems to fix issues quickly and eliminate those root causes.
- Your tasks and responsibilities in a nutshell
- Owning the tools, frameworks and data which enable automated testing within product teams.
- Driving the best practices and process definitions for using these technologies
- Owning initiatives to change the culture of Quality in Personio in order to keep the “Change Fail Percentage” metric at a low level.
- Helping us own the outcome-driven metrics which define the success of automated testing in Personio.
- Developing and reinforcing quality engineering standards and guidelines among your peers across teams
- Identifying, documenting, and communicating technical improvements within your area of responsibility in the team
- Coaching and onboarding peer engineers
- Taking end-to-end ownership and directly contributing to Personio codebase as a quality assurance engineer
- Driving cross-team engineering initiatives
- Participating in technical interview processes
- Collaborating with stakeholders of the QA team / Tech Platform Tribe
- Being proactive, high level of diligence, embracing feedback
What you need to succeed
- Over 7 years of relevant experience working on fast-scaling and complex systems
- Appreciation towards software craftsmanship, clean code, BDD, TDD, and SOLID design principles
- High standards for the quality of tests, test plans strategies, scalable testing solutions and frameworks, interpreting and executing on the outcomes of tech researches and run independently proof of concepts (PoCs)
- Hands-on experience in different types of testing, practical implementation of the Testing Pyramid in the organization
- Sound experience in performance monitoring, optimization and resilience testing
- Hands-on experience in automated testing of the event-driven architecture
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle including Agile & CI/CD approaches
- Coaching experience. It’s important for you to learn from and teach peers, and to continuously help junior team members appreciate and apply best engineering and quality practices
- Track record of driving and leading quality in the org by taking quality quality and engineering metrics under control
- Driven by impact. You are eager to create customer and user value by understanding their needs
- Team player. You are passionate about working with talented and inspiring people. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (proficient in English)
- Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes
- Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme
- Choose between three mobility options: UNU electric scooter, JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €25 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility