- Date Posted
- Nov. 18, 2021
- Business Applications
At Personio we are on the amazing journey to become the leading HR Platform in Europe!
As part of our Recruiting Tribe, you´ll be working on making our customers’ recruiting process a breeze. Our mission is to enable organizations to attract the best talent, have a seamless interview process and hire efficiently. This starts with a planning process for job positions, publishing them career pages and promoting them on different job boards, sourcing of candidates, an interview process that allows for great interactions between everyone involved, selection of the best candidates and hiring them. You will join our newest team in the Recruiting tribe, where you will play a key role in establishing and implementing strong engineering practices and leading the technical activities of a new team from its formation.
As a Lead Software Engineer (m/f/d) you will be a bar raiser in a mission-based team within the Personio Engineering organization and take care of team productivity, technical alignment and technical growth. In this role, you will act as a multiplier for your team. You know how to address each challenge - coding hands-on to prototype a solution, holding technical presentations or conducting brainstorming sessions with engineers from other tribes to tackle a certain problem - You know it best!
This is a high impact role and you will be in the lead to create the long-term technical strategy for one of Personio’s main product components and represent the team in Personio’s Product & Engineering department. Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations in several teams. We’ll continue to grow in 2021 and beyond. Join us and help shape Personio’s journey as part of our Recruiting Tribe.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Increasing performance and productivity of your team by raising ideas how to improve team internal processes and collaboration
- Mentoring engineers in your team and fostering the technical growth of your teammates with/by pair programming, knowledge sharing and coaching
- Be the technical go-to person in your team for technical and non-technical topics and stakeholders
- Drive an engineering culture of quality, good development principles and innovation from inside your team
- Partnering up with the Engineering Manager on the technical growth of the team
- Strategic technical involvement on a team level in the OKR process, hiring strategy and team setup
- Managing incident processes and team related follow-ups to ensure high product reliability, stability and security
- Urge to contribute to tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events.
How we work:
- We are transforming our PHP application into Kotlin microservices!
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, a Designer, a Product Manager and an Engineering Manager on one product vertical of our HR Management & Recruiting software.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What you need to succeed
- Over 7 years of software engineering experience building and designing scalable applications, tools or distributed systems. You understand the needs of software engineers working in product teams, you’ve been in their shoes, and can empathise with them. You want to help your fellow engineers to achieve maximum efficiency
- Over 2 years of experience as a “Senior+” software engineer, with a proven track record of leading software engineering teams to tackle complex problems and coordinating implementation of features with stakeholders.
- Software development experience using either Kotlin, Java or .NET, experience using Spring Boot in a microservice environment
- Experience of mentoring and coaching junior and mid-level engineers
- Experience of driving engineering initiatives and improvements
- Track record of working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
- Experience with event driven architectures, domain driven design and eventual consistency
- Knowledge about resilience patterns
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme covered for each permanent employee (excl. taxes).
- Pension scheme with up to 5% matching contribution
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.
- Apply for this position
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company, and at the same time, the future of you. And we’re not just one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe. In October 2021 we raised $270 million in Series E funding, making Personio the fastest-growing and most valuable HR technology company in Europe. With nearly 5,000 customers and a team that has doubled in size in 2021 alone, now is the perfect time to join! We’re hiring talented, impact-driven individuals who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?