- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Business Applications
Personio was founded in 2015 and its mission is to enable better organisations. We simplify and automate recruiting, payroll and human resource management software (all-in-one) for small to medium-sized businesses. Our HQ is in Munich and we have additional offices in Madrid, London and most recently Dublin. Globally we are home to 600 employees and 3,000 customers. In January 2021 we raised $125 million in ‘Series D’ funding, led by Index and Meritech. We’re rated 4.6/5 on Glassdoor to work for, with a 100% CEO favourability and 95% would recommend a friend to work here. We are listed by CB Insights as one of ‘50 Future Unicorns’ to watch and by GP Bullhound in their ‘Titans of Tech’ report as one of the most promising European technology companies to watch. In 2021 we will scale our Dublin office from circa 50 employees towards 200. Come join us!
We are just starting to build out our brand new Site Reliability Engineering team in Dublin from scratch. We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a strong background in database technologies along with problem-solving skills fuelled by a desire to design, build, and scale the infrastructure of one of Europe’s fastest-growing SaaS startups. The SRE team offers services, tools, and coaching to the product engineers in a self-service way in order to allow them to have full ownership of their applications and infrastructure. Due to the sensitivity of the data we host we adhere to the highest data protection requirements. We strive to further build a state of the art and least-maintenance infrastructure to fulfil our customers’ needs.
The Technology Platform Tribe mission is to ensure Personio builds and scales as a high performing engineering organisation. We drive engineering excellence in Personio, for the benefit of our engineers, our product, and our customers by comprising teams dedicated to excellence in specific areas of software engineering. We measure the core metrics of software development delivery and we use them to drive initiatives that enable teams to build, test, deliver, and operate their software to the highest industry standards. This makes our engineers happy and empowered to do great work. Our measurable contribution to the success of Personio lies in empowering engineering excellence positively impacting Product Development and leading to increased customer satisfaction.
Like all our tribes we are a group of engineers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Technology Platform Tribe journey for Personio.
In this role you would be responsible for building an automated, secure, reliable, and cost-efficient platform that enables innovation and easy access to solutions for engineers to focus on feature development.
- Monitor, maintain, and apply best-practices for the underlying platform infrastructure
- Write public and accessible documentation and organise training for a good customer experience regarding the services we manage
- Support running the Personio applications from an SRE perspective in order to automate tasks
- Support product engineers and platform engineers with all the knowledge you have
- Provide engineers with tools required to build and run their services
- Aim for a cost-efficient infrastructure and work with product teams to optimise the costs
- Proactively engage in shaping the future product and platform architecture
What you need to succeed
- 3+ years production experience with AWS
- Experience in fast-scaling SaaS environment
- Administrating production databases with replication and heavy loads
- Production experience with Docker
- Infrastructure as code experience & container orchestration experience with Kubernetes
- Proven experience with microservice architecture and tooling
- Experience with CI/CD automation tools
- Experience with best practices in software engineering
- Confidence in coaching and onboarding team members and driving cross-team engineering initiatives
- Excellent English language skills (written and verbal)
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes
- Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme
- Choose between three mobility options: UNU electric scooter, JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €25 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- You can find more information and impressions here: Kununu or Glassdoor
The well-being of our employees is paramount. Although we’ve recently opened our Dublin office in the City Centre area, all employees are currently working from home, the office or a combination of the two at their discretion due to Covid-19.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.