- Date Posted
- Nov. 18, 2021
- Business Applications
We are more than a support team. We enable the rapid but sustainable growth of Personio and ensure the financial health and legal stability of the organization. If you want to work and learn in an interdisciplinary team of Finance, Legal and Business Intelligence and want to make a difference from day one, the BIFL team is the right place for you.
To support us on this journey and fuel our growth, we are looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f/d) with Commercial focus in our Munich office. Be our expert in all customer facing negotiations and help us develop and evolve our contract structure to serve our DACH and EU customers. With your entrepreneurial can-do mindset you are ready to lay the groundwork to further enable our Europe-wide growth.
These tasks and responsibilities await you:
- You will be the legal go-to person for our DACH and EU sales teams, in charge of our customer negotiations
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements to support customer sales. Your primary focus will be on SaaS subscription agreements, software licensing terms, data protection agreements (DPA), contracting frameworks, including for the public sector
- You work strategically by improving the customer closing process, anticipating our needs to support our European growth, and implementing the commercial framework together with external consultants
- Develop and improve sales trainings to enable our sales teams
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, commercial, privacy, open-source, IP, regulatory and other legal developments to be able to give the most effective advice
- As Personio continues on its strong growth trajectory, you will work towards building and leading a commercial legal team
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years post-qualification experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide array of commercial agreements including GTC, MSA, DPA, SaaS subscription and licensing agreements
- Knowledge in IT law and data security law
- German Law Degree (Volljurist) or Master of Laws (LL.M) with proven track record in establishing a successful commercial legal team
- You are a team player who is used to working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Strong project management, presentation and communication skills, especially with non-legal counterparts (given our SME customer base)
- Structured and proactive style of work combined with the ability to juggle multiple stakeholder requests at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English; further European languages are a plus
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- With PersonioFlex, decide for yourself where you work most effectively. For this, we offer you a flexible 50% in-office & 50% remote working framework. Our remote working policy includes the possibility to work from home or anywhere within the UK or European Economic Area.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes.
- Saving for tomorrow: Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme or to invest into a disability insurance
- Choose between three mobility options: JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €22.58 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Apply for this position
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company, and at the same time, the future of you. And we’re not just one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe. In October 2021 we raised $270 million in Series E funding, making Personio the fastest-growing and most valuable HR technology company in Europe. With nearly 5,000 customers and a team that has doubled in size in 2021 alone, now is the perfect time to join! We’re hiring talented, impact-driven individuals who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?