- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
The Employee Performance and Development Tribe includes the management of feedback meetings, the tracking of goals and a very big vision for the future. The Performance review cycle is one of the most stressful processes for People Managers and Employees alike, but it doesn’t have to be. Our goal is to make this as transparent, fair and painless as possible. We are building the tools that help managers foster the right conversations, engage and grow employees in their careers and provide insights to organisations that help them unlock their people potential.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Employee Performance and Development Tribe journey for Personio.
We are at the beginning of our journey and need help laying the foundation of Performance Management to become a directly revenue contributing product and drive towards Personio’s mission to enable better organisations.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who can help us push the boundaries of growth and innovation in a fast-paced environment, while leading one of our mission-based teams. You’ll not just get the opportunity to build high-performing interdisciplinary teams, but as a leader get the opportunity to impact engineering, operational and management excellence within the entire department.
What you will focus on:
- High-performing teams: Build driven and high-performing teams by focusing on the development of the engineers.
- Maximizing impact: Collaborate closely with your partners in product and design to define and execute the most impactful initiatives.
- Architecture: Work closely with your team to provide feedback on architecture and approach. Enable your team to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure, and performant products.
- Engineering culture: Build and influence a culture of ownership, autonomy, and inclusivity, not just within your team but the whole department.
- Technical excellence: Leverage your technical skills to build engineering excellence within your team that promotes and implements engineering best practices.
- Do you want to learn more about the way we work? Check our Product and Engineer career site here.
What you will get:
- Autonomy: You’ll have the freedom to not just build a vision but to make it a reality.
- Transparency: We’re very transparent about the decisions we make and the motivations behind them.
- Feedback: We firmly believe in learning from each other, for which we embrace the principle of giving and receiving feedback.
- Opportunity: You have the opportunity to directly contribute to the department, and not just your team, by being involved in processes like recruiting, performance and development, onboarding, and much more.
- Diversity: The best workplaces are diverse and we celebrate that diversity in all aspects.
- Flexibility: There is no one size fits all, so we do our best to understand and be flexible towards what makes you the most effective.
What you need to succeed
- Over 3 years of hands-on people management experience. You’ve managed and grown high-performing teams by focusing on the engineers.
- Over 5 years of software engineering experience building and designing scalable distributed systems.
- You have a proven track record of building teams that focus on impact, technical excellence, and transparency.
- You have the ability to lead and make decisions to push forward. You’re comfortable owning even the most ambiguous problems and defining the road ahead.
- You are data-driven in your decision making.
- You lead from the front and are ready to roll up your sleeves to help your team in any way.
- You have a passion for building reliable systems and have experience with microservices architecture.
- You have excellent communication skills. Within the team and across the organization you can communicate transparently and effectively.
- You have excellent English language skills (level C1/C2), German or Spanish is a plus.
- You’re willing to relocate to Madrid
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Beautiful office located in the heart of Madrid
- Free English and Spanish language classes
- Flexibility to balance work between remote and in the office
- Lease an electric scooter or bike, paid for by Personio
- Parental benefit of 10 extra days off in case your child gets sick
- Monthly €162 tax-free stipend to help cover food and public transportation expenses
- Private Health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (€43 for employees, spouse, or children)
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company, and at the very same time: your future. As one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe, we have raised $125 million in ‘Series D’ funding in January 2021, making Personio the most valuable HR technology company in Europe. We have a great product and a fantastic team that will continue to grow through 2021, from 500 to 1,000+. We already have more than 4,000 customers with a market that is only waiting to be developed further, but we aim high: Our goal is to build the leading HR platform in Europe.
At Personio, we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward thinkers who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?