- Date Posted
- Jun. 16, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our teams and take an active role in shaping the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous, feature-based team where your dev skills can make an impact in our driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team. When we say, “You build it, you run it,” we mean it! You’ll also take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
What does Backend Career mean?
We are always open to awesome applicants, even if we don’t have an open role at this exact moment. By applying to this position you’ll be added to our Backend Engineer talent pool!
Why should you become part of our Backend Talent Pool?
We are growing rapidly and recruiters are regularly screening talent from our Backend pool to fill open positions. Join our talent pool to get discovered and connect with Personio. If your profile and skills match our requirements, we’ll dive into the recruitment process with you!
What you need to succeed
This position is designed for medium-high seniority levels and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Backend development. For higher seniority roles (e.g. Lead or Staff engineer), a broader technical knowledge as well as leadership experience are required.
- Min 4 years of software development experience (from design to deployment and monitoring in production), using Kotlin, Java, Go, PHP, Ruby
- Experience with event-driven architectures and with containerization and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment
- Located in or willing to relocate to one of the countries where Personio has a permanent establishment (Germany, Spain, Ireland)
- What motivation and mentality should you bring?
- We want to build a category leader for HR software in Europe. You should bring passion for making the lives of others (in our case: Employees and HR professionals) better.
- We are experiencing rapid growth and are “building our plane while flying it”. So bring your agile mindset to the table!
- Embrace feedback - no one is perfect, neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other.
- Proactive problem solver. You are willing to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Let’s grow together - share your knowledge, we will share ours!
- Humour. Have fun with us, learn with us from mistakes and bring your good vibes.
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and pre-IPO equity)
- We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 26 days of paid holidays + 2 days off for Christmas and New Years
- We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why you will receive €1,500 of development budget every year
- We have fun! Join us for regular team events, e.g. Oktoberfest, summer event, skiing trip and online events in lieu of Covid-19 restrictions
- We focus on results rather than schedules - we offer Flexibility and Remote-working
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme fully covered for each permanent employee
- Pension scheme, up to 5% matching contribution
- Corporate benefits - a range of employee discounts for different brands so you can save money while shopping (e.g. Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.)
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!
- You can find more information and impressions here: Kununu or Glassdoor
The well-being of our employees is paramount. Although we’ve recently opened our Dublin office in the City Centre area, all employees are currently working from home, the office or a combination of the two at their discretion due to Covid-19.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company, and at the very same time: your future. As one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe, we have raised $125 million in ‘Series D’ funding in January 2021, making Personio the most valuable HR technology company in Europe. We have a great product and a fantastic team that will continue to grow through 2021, from 600 to 1,000. We already have more than 3,500 customers with a market that is only waiting to be developed further, but we aim high: Our goal is to build the leading HR platform in Europe.
At Personio, we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward thinkers who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?