- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe! After our new $125M Series D funding, bringing our valuation to $1.7B and thus making us the most valuable HR tech company in Europe, we are growing our team more than ever!
Join our international agile Product & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team (“You build it, you run it”), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
We are building and scaling a strong engineering organisation facing challenges like moving from a monolithic to a distributed event-driven architecture, scaling the application, re-platforming and working on an automatic, scalable and country agnostic payroll solution.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Writing efficient, performant and extensible code using the right tools and patterns to implement the functionalities that add value to our customers
- Identifying, documenting, and communicating technical improvements within your area of responsibility in the team
- Participating in cross-team engineering initiatives as an individual contributor
- Helping with the coaching and onboarding of junior members of the team
What you need to succeed
- 3-4 years of software development experience, from design to deployment and monitoring in production, using Kotlin, Go, PHP, Ruby or other programming languages
- Strong OO design skills (SOLID 100%)
- Knowledge with automated testing and of when and what to test
- Experience in CI/CD, pull/merge request and code reviews
- Knowledge of a web framework (preferred Spring Boot or similar)
- Experience with event-driven architectures, domain-driven design, resilience patterns and microservices
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Proactive problem solver. You leave code and processes in better shape than when you first encountered them
- Teamplayer: you are passionate about working with talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- Interest and passion to learn and experiment with new technologies and follow the best practices in software development for agile environments
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 26 days of paid holidays + 2 days off for Christmas and New Years´
- We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why you will receive 1,500 € of development budget every year
- We have fun! Join us for regular team events, e.g. Oktoberfest, summer event, skiing trip, Christmas party and much more
- We offer language classes: English & Spanish
- We focus on results rather than schedules - we offer Flexibility and Remote-working
- We want happy employees - on top of your salary you will receive 68 € for food & public transport
- Parental benefit: In case your kids get ill, you may take up to 10 additional days off
- We offer Visa and relocation support
- Health insurance (company level plan): private health insurance for 43 € for Personio employees, spouse and children
- MacBook Pro and gadgets, including BOSE headsets with noise cancellation
- Corporate benefits - a range of employee discounts for different brands so you can save money while shopping (e.g. Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.)
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!
- Apply for this position
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company, and at the very same time: your future. As one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe, we have raised $125 million in ‘Series D’ funding in January 2021, making Personio the most valuable HR technology company in Europe. We have a great product and a fantastic team that will continue to grow through 2021, from 600 to 1,000. We already have more than 3,500 customers with a market that is only waiting to be developed further, but we aim high: Our goal is to build the leading HR platform in Europe.
At Personio, we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward thinkers who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?