- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
The Employee Performance and Development Tribe includes the management of feedback meetings, the tracking of goals and a very big vision for the future. The Performance review cycle is one of the most stressful processes for People Managers and Employees alike, but it doesn’t have to be. Our goal is to make this as transparent, fair and painless as possible. We are building the tools that help managers foster the right conversations, engage and grow employees in their careers and provide insights to organisations that help them unlock their people potential.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Employee Performance and Development Tribe journey for Personio.
We are at the beginning of our journey and need help laying the foundation of Performance Management to become a directly revenue contributing product and drive towards Personio’s mission to enable better organisations.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who can help us push the boundaries of growth and innovation in a fast-paced environment, while leading one of our mission-based teams. You’ll not just get the opportunity to build high-performing interdisciplinary teams, but as a leader get the opportunity to impact engineering, operational and management excellence within the entire department.
What you will focus on:
- High-performing teams: Build driven and high-performing teams by focusing on the development of the engineers.
- Maximizing impact: Collaborate closely with your partners in product and design to define and execute the most impactful initiatives.
- Architecture: Work closely with your team to provide feedback on architecture and approach. Enable your team to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure, and performant products.
- Engineering culture: Build and influence a culture of ownership, autonomy, and inclusivity, not just within your team but the whole department.
- Technical excellence: Leverage your technical skills to build engineering excellence within your team that promotes and implements engineering best practices.
- Do you want to learn more about the way we work? Check our Product and Engineer career site here.
What you will get:
- Autonomy: You’ll have the freedom to not just build a vision but to make it a reality.
- Transparency: We’re very transparent about the decisions we make and the motivations behind them.
- Feedback: We firmly believe in learning from each other, for which we embrace the principle of giving and receiving feedback.
- Opportunity: You have the opportunity to directly contribute to the department, and not just your team, by being involved in processes like recruiting, performance and development, onboarding, and much more.
- Diversity: The best workplaces are diverse and we celebrate that diversity in all aspects.
- Flexibility: There is no one size fits all, so we do our best to understand and be flexible towards what makes you the most effective.
What you need to succeed
- Over 3 years of hands-on people management experience. You’ve managed and grown high-performing teams by focusing on the engineers.
- Over 5 years of software engineering experience building and designing scalable distributed systems.
- You have a proven track record of building teams that focus on impact, technical excellence, and transparency.
- You have the ability to lead and make decisions to push forward. You’re comfortable owning even the most ambiguous problems and defining the road ahead.
- You are data-driven in your decision making.
- You lead from the front and are ready to roll up your sleeves to help your team in any way.
- You have a passion for building reliable systems and have experience with microservices architecture.
- You have excellent communication skills. Within the team and across the organization you can communicate transparently and effectively.
- You have excellent English language skills (level C1/C2), German or Spanish is a plus.
- You’re willing to relocate to Madrid
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 26 days of paid holidays + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why you will receive 1,500 € of development budget every year
- We have fun! Join us for regular team events, e.g. Oktoberfest, summer event, skiing trip, Christmas party and much more
- We offer an office location in the heart of Madrid and language classes: English & Spanish
- We focus on results rather than schedules - we offer Flexibility and Remote-working
- Parental benefit: In case your kids get ill, you may take up to 10 additional days off
- We offer Visa and relocation support
- Health insurance (company level plan): Sanitas private health insurance for 43 € for Personio employees, spouse and children
- We want happy employees - on top of your salary you will receive 68 € for food & public transport
- Corporate benefits - a range of employee discounts for different brands so you can save money while shopping (e.g. Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.)
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!
- Apply for this position
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company and at the very same time: your future. As one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe, we have raised $125 million in ‘Series D’ funding in January 2021, making Personio the most valuable HR technology company in Europe. We have a great product and a fantastic team that will double in 2021, from 500 to 1,000. We already have more than 3,000 customers with a market that is only waiting to be developed further, but we aim high: Our goal is to build the leading HR platform in Europe.
At Personio, we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward thinkers who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?