- Date Posted
- Dec. 29, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Personio we are on the amazing journey to become the leading HR Platform in Europe!
We in Personio’s Payroll Domain know people like to say: It’s not rocket science. But sometimes it just is. The same goes for payroll. It has been there for some time, there is a way to do it, just as it has always been done. There are rules and regulations, customers and stakeholders. But we just know that there is also another way to do it. A new way to do it. A sexy way to do it.
The Payroll Domain is on a mission to make Personio the big player of payroll and offer a smart payroll solution that can handle any kind of employees and use HRM data blended to payroll. Using our services, our customers save tons of money and time - and HR Managers can delegate the most complex tasks to us so they can gain peace of mind and focus on what really matters: people.
As a Lead Engineer you will be a bar raiser in our mission-based Payroll Core team within the Personio Engineering organization and take care of team productivity, technical alignment and technical growth. In this role, you will act as a multiplier for your team. The mission of our team is to be the foundation of the Personio Payroll product by becoming the single source of truth for all payroll relevant incoming data and orchestrating all workflows.
Role & Responsibilities
- Driving the team’s technical solutions, being a multiplier for an engineering culture of quality, good development principles and innovation from inside your team
- Be the technical go-to person in your team for technical and non-technical topics and stakeholders
- Partnering up with the Engineering Manager on supporting the technical growth of the team
- Mentoring engineers in your team and fostering the technical growth of your teammates with/by pair programming, knowledge sharing and coaching
- Sharing ideas on how to improve team internal and tribe-wide processes and collaboration to increase performance and productivity
- Strategic technical involvement on a team level in the OKR process, hiring strategy and team setup
- Managing incident processes and team related follow-ups to ensure high product reliability, stability and security
What you need to succeed
What really is a bit of a must:
- Roll up your sleeves when solving complex problems, delivering results with high impact that set standards in style and quality of our codebases and architectures
- Proven experience designing, developing and operating services of in the area of responsibility of your team
- Enthusiasm for building a technical strategy and translating it into reality
- Experience with Kotlin or Java and Spring/Springboot
- Contribute to agile process optimisations
- You are driven by impact and you understand its effect for your team
- Very good communication skills to provide technical guidance and leadership
- Teaching, Coaching and empowering your colleagues is something that fulfils you
- Ability to effectively lead others through meetings, planning, and any processes which are needed to accomplish the goals of the team
- Passion to enable your teammates and amplify their technical abilities
- You have excellent English language skills (level C1/C2)
What we’d really like:
- Passion to contribute to tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events
- Experience with event driven architectures
- Solid TDD/BDD skills (you have a passion for testable/maintainable code and teaching others why it’s so awesome)
Super Bonus points (would make us go “Woop Woop!”):
- Experience in finance, fintech or another highly regulated environment.
- We have a ton of regulatory requirements (it *is* people’s money we’re working with - right?)
- Experience in open source contribution and tech branding activities
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- With PersonioFlex, decide for yourself where you work most effectively. For this, we offer you a flexible 50% in-office & 50% remote working framework. Our remote working policy includes the possibility to work from home or anywhere within the UK or European Economic Area.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes.
- Saving for tomorrow: Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme or to invest into a disability insurance
- Choose between three mobility options: UNU electric scooter, JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €22.58 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Apply for this position
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company, and at the same time, the future of you. And we’re not just one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe. In October 2021 we raised $270 million in Series E funding, making Personio the fastest-growing and most valuable HR technology company in Europe. With nearly 5,000 customers and a team that has doubled in size in 2021 alone, now is the perfect time to join! We’re hiring talented, impact-driven individuals who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?