- Date Posted
- Jul. 7, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
- At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
- Join our team as a Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/d) and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team (“You build it, you run it”), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System
Specific tasks of the Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/d) at Personio:
- You will identify, document, and communicate technical improvements within the team domain
- You will contribute to the creation of internal team engineering standards
- You will coach and onboard junior and professional team members
- You will drive small- to medium-sized cross-team engineering initiatives
- You will participate in functional case interviews
- You will drive technical discussions and communicate technical decisions to stakeholders
How we work:
- We are transforming our PHP application into Go and Kotlin microservices!
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, a Designer, a Product Manager and an Engineering Manager on one product vertical of our HR Management & Recruiting software.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What you need to succeed
- What skills you should bring:
- 5+ years of software development experience using either Kotlin, Java or .NET
- Experience using Spring Boot in a microservice environment
- Track record of working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
- Experience with event driven architectures, domain driven design and eventual consistency
- Knowledge about resilience patterns
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
- What motivation and mentality you should bring:
- We want to build a category leader for HR software in Europe. You should bring passion for making lives of others (in our case: Employees and HR professionals) better.
- We are experiencing rapid growth and are “building our plane while flying it”. So bring your agile mindset to the table!
- Embrace feedback - no one is perfect, neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other.
- Proactive problem solver. You are willing to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Let’s grow together - share your knowledge, we will share ours!
- Humour. Have fun with us, learn with us from mistakes and bring your good vibes.
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes
- Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme
- Choose between three mobility options: UNU electric scooter, JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €25 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company, and at the very same time: your future. As one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe, we have raised $125 million in ‘Series D’ funding in January 2021, making Personio the most valuable HR technology company in Europe. We have a great product and a fantastic team that will continue to grow through 2021, from 600 to 1,000. We already have more than 3,500 customers with a market that is only waiting to be developed further, but we aim high: Our goal is to build the leading HR platform in Europe.
At Personio, we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward thinkers who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?