- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Personio was founded in 2015 and its mission is to enable better organisations. We simplify and automate recruiting, payroll and human resource management software (all-in-one) for small to medium-sized businesses. Our HQ is in Munich and we have additional offices in Madrid, London and most recently Dublin. Globally we are home to 600 employees and 3,000 customers. In January 2021 we raised $125 million in ‘Series D’ funding, led by Index and Meritech. We’re rated 4.6/5 on Glassdoor to work for, with a 100% CEO favourability and 95% would recommend a friend to work here. We are listed by CB Insights as one of ‘50 Future Unicorns’ to watch and by GP Bullhound in their ‘Titans of Tech’ report as one of the most promising European technology companies to watch. In 2021 we will scale our Dublin office from circa 50 employees towards 200. Come join us!
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of scaling to meet our exponential growth in customers. After our recent $125M Series D funding we are the most valuable HR tech company in Europe and we are investing heavily in our Technology Platform Tribe.
Our mission is to ensure Personio builds and scales as a high performing engineering organisation. We drive initiatives that enable teams to build, test, deliver and operate their software to the highest industry standards.
Our vision is to make Personio’s engineering teams the highest performing in the software industry, demonstrated by the fastest possible delivery rates, the lowest bug incidents, the highest reliability, the fastest application performance, and best in class operational excellence.
Join our Technical Platform tribe as a Senior Engineer and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous enablement team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for building tools, software components (libraries & microservices) and DevOps processes to enable our product teams to build, test, deploy and monitor their services, and you’ll take a key role in the migration of our monolith towards a service oriented architecture.
Specific tasks of the Senior Software Engineer in Personio’s Tech Platform tribe:
- You will identify and implement technical improvements to improve the engineering effectiveness of the department
- You will contribute to improving the overall developer experience - from how services are developed locally to how they are deployed and monitored in our production Kubernetes cluster
- You will contribute to the creation of better metrics, SLOs, dashboards and tools to help product teams make data-driven decisions
- You will create tools to improve the overall performance, reliability and observability of the technical platform
- You will work closely with product teams to support them in the migration of the monolith to a microservices architecture, understand their pain points and propose result-oriented solutions
- You will coach and onboard junior and professional team members
How we work:
- We are transforming our PHP application into Golang and Kotlin microservices!
- We are a product company so our teams are organized in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work in the Tech Platform, alongside other Backend/Devops Engineer, SRE, Security Engineers and QA Engineers
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What you need to succeed
- What skills you should bring:
- 5+ years of prior software development experience with open source tech stacks and Linux/Unix environments (languages we use: Golang, Kotlin/Java and PHP)
- Experience as a backend/devops engineer with microservice environments, event-driven architectures and resilience patterns. First hand experience with a Service Mesh is a plus
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Track record of working in an agile setup using CI/CD pipelines, and enabling product teams with better devops processes
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
- What motivation and mentality you should bring:
- We want to build a category leader for HR software in Europe. You should bring passion for making the lives of others (in our case: Employees and HR professionals) better
- We are experiencing rapid growth and are “building our plane while flying it”. So bring your agile mindset to the table!
- Embrace feedback - no one is perfect, neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other
- Proactive problem solver. You are willing to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Let’s grow together - share your knowledge, we will share ours!
- Humour. Have fun with us, learn with us from mistakes and bring your good vibes
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and pre-IPO equity)
- We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 26 days of paid holidays + 2 days off for Christmas and New Years
- We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why you will receive €1,500 of development budget every year
- We have fun! Join us for regular team events, e.g. Oktoberfest, summer event, skiing trip and online events in lieu of Covid-19 restrictions
- We focus on results rather than schedules - we offer Flexibility and Remote-working
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme fully covered for each permanent employee
- Pension scheme, up to 5% matching contribution
- Corporate benefits - a range of employee discounts for different brands so you can save money while shopping (e.g. Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.)
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!
- You can find more information and impressions here: Kununu or Glassdoor
The well-being of our employees is paramount. Although we’ve recently opened our Dublin office in the City Centre area, all employees are currently working from home, the office or a combination of the two at their discretion due to Covid-19.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company and at the very same time: your future. As one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe, we have raised $125 million in ‘Series D’ funding in January 2021, making Personio the most valuable HR technology company in Europe. We have a great product and a fantastic team that will double in 2021, from 500 to 1,000. We already have more than 3,000 customers with a market that is only waiting to be developed further, but we aim high: Our goal is to build the leading HR platform in Europe.
At Personio, we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward thinkers who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?