- Date Posted
- Jan. 9, 2022
- Business Intelligence
- Business Applications
We are looking for an analytics engineer to improve and expand our data capabilities, with an emphasis on contributing to our ELT process. As an early member of the data team, this role will act as a full-stack data analyst or engineer. Specifically, this role will work cross-functionally to identify analytics and BI tooling needs, optimize our data workflows, and scale our data pipelines to support self-service analytics. This will be a high-impact role, with the potential to drive data-fueled productivity and shape our data culture.
- Design, build and maintain scalable data models that are clean, tested, and well documented
- Expand our data warehouse with clean data ready for analysis
- Become a go-to expert and owner of tools up and down our data stack, including Snowflake, dbt, Fivetran, and Stitch
- Work with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure we’re solving the right problems
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience in a data role. Preferably someone that has experience with building/maintaining data pipeline
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL, dbt, Snowflake
- Familiar with ETL/ELT tools (we use Fivetran and Stitch)
- Enthusiasm for conducting reproducible analysis
- Able to work collaboratively across functions
- Clear and direct communication skills about complex, technical topics
- Experience with Looker is a plus
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Recruitment agency policy
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal employment opportunity
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to email@example.com.
Important e-verify information
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.