- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Business Applications
Pilot is looking for an Accounting Manager to to join our Finance and Accounting team. You will support the Order-to-Cash, Billing, and AP processes. You will report directly to the Controller and oversee the billing, assist with AP, monthly close activities, financial audits, and other ad-hoc projects. You are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment.
- Be the point of contact for external/internal stakeholders (such as Sales, Customer Success, Finance, and Accounting)
- Manage billing inbox to address internal/external requests in a timely manner Perform daily and/or weekly tasks within Zuora for invoice accuracy Research and solve outstanding invoice and payment issues
- Manage AP inbox, new vendor set-up, and process vendor invoices Assist in preparing annual form 1099 for vendors
- Support the accounting team with ad-hoc projects
- Assist with month-end close procedures around Cash and AP/AR
- Around Pilot, you’ll find common qualities in our people such as:
- Passion, dedication, and energy
- Commitment to high standards and core values
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Interesting personal hobbies and pursuits
- In addition to these qualities, we are looking for people who have:
- 4+ years of total experience in accounting with at least 2 years in audit at a Big 4 firm and at least 2 years working at a high growth technology startup
- Prior audit experience or experience working with external auditors
- Experience with Zuora billing and invoicing is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with accounting and billing software such as QBO and Bill.com
- Maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality, and professional skepticism
- Proactive self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Solid MS Office and Computer skills – to create formulas and complete vlookups and pivot tables in Excel
Benefits of working at Pilot
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Holidays and flexible PTO
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Paid family leave
What we’re building
Pilot is a hyper growth software startup that automates much of the heavy lifting in financial services (e.g., bookkeeping, tax, CFO services, etc.) for SMBs. Since launching in 2017, Pilot has built highly advanced engineering to automate these financial services.
Pilot (Fintech’s newest unicorn!) has raised over $150M in Series A, Series B and Series C financing from Sequoia, Jeff Bezos (via Bezos Expeditions), Whale Rock Capital, Index Ventures & Stripe. The company’s investors include a long-list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston and Diane Greene.
Pilot’s seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox). Pilot is headquartered in San Francisco and has a second office in Nashville. The company is scaling rapidly and has 150 employees.