- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Business Applications
- You’ll help Pilot’s largest potential customers understand the value of Pilot and help Pilot meet the needs of those customers.
- Understand in detail (1) how Pilot works and (2) accounting / business bookkeeping more generally
- Analyze a business’ costs, revenues, and other financial records to understand their business and bookkeeping needs
- Provide advice to businesses on how to set up their bookkeeping processes including delivery of an appropriate quote and scope of work
- Deliver bookkeeping recommendations to prospective customers in partnership with sales representative
- Work cross functionally with the sales and product teams to understand what drives complexity in the bookkeeping process and how that should be addressed through pricing
- Help inform Pilot’s pricing and packaging strategy using data from our existing customer base
- You have deep technical knowledge of accounting, e.g. from a relevant degree or other experience.
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience, CPA preferred.
- You have strong communication skills that enable you to be credible and persuasive with C-level executives.
- You are highly detail-oriented, enabling you to take into account all relevant considerations when determining how to best meet a customer’s needs.
- You are curious and organized - not afraid to to ask for help, but able to work independently.
- Strong interest in technology.
What we’re building:
Pilot is a hyper growth software startup that automates much of the heavy lifting in financial services (e.g., bookkeeping, tax, CFO services, etc.) for SMBs. Since launching in 2017, Pilot has built highly advanced engineering to automate these financial services.
Pilot (Fintech's newest unicorn!) has raised over $150M in Series A, Series B and Series C financing from Sequoia, Jeff Bezos (via Bezos Expeditions), Whale Rock Capital, Index Ventures & Stripe. The company’s investors include a long-list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston and Diane Greene.
Pilot’s seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox). Pilot is headquartered in San Francisco and has a second office in Nashville. The company is scaling rapidly and has 180+ employees.
Benefits of working at Pilot
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Holidays and flexible PTO
- Paid family leave