- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Business Applications
Every day, we do exciting work that makes a difference to startup founders and business owners. At Pilot you will be helping clients solve critical financial and business strategy challenges. Our team works with a multitude of high growth startup clients from different industries and stages as their trusted advisor and hands-on strategic finance consultant.
As an Associate on the CFO Services team, you will work with colleagues from the top technology, private equity, and investment banking firms. Together, our team delivers world-class strategic finance advice and fundraising consulting. You will have endless opportunities to be a problem solver, creative thinker, and new business builder.
That’s life at Pilot. It could be for you.
- Track and evaluate key business function initiatives including new experiments and promotional campaigns
- Assist in biweekly resource allocation variance analysis, and identify risk, opportunities, and mitigation measures to ensure we are deploying our resources efficiently
- Run the ad-hoc analysis to help uncover growth opportunities, cost efficiencies, or ways to further scale the offering
- Facilitate monthly reviews of customer pricing to ensure CFO Services customers are priced and billed appropriately
- Partner with Principals on the team to help our clients:
- Bring the latest analytical techniques plus a deep understanding of financial modeling to help clients develop financial models, budgets and forecasts
- Be the world’s preeminent financial services tech-enabled firm - trusted advisor for our clients on their most important financial and business decisions
- Build long-term relationships and drive superior financial returns based on unique business insights
- Deliver measurable and sustainable improvements in financial and business KPIs
- Keep business plans and projects on track and on budget with ongoing budget management and monitoring for variance reporting and rolling forecasts
- Support successful investor discussion and board meetings by analyzing and tracking relevant KPIs
In partnership with the team and cross-functional partners, you will also:
- Identify areas of opportunity within Pilot CFO Services and develop strategies to address them
- Recommend and drive process improvements to maximize accuracy and efficiency within our offering
We are looking for people who demonstrate these aspects:
- 1-2 years of total experience in investment banking or management consulting
- Advanced Excel modeling skills with an ability to own complicated models end-to-end
- Highly analytical with ability to consume and process large amounts of unstructured information
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- High attention to detail
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
- Strategic thinker and ability to independently carry out rigorous problem solving
- Strong interest in technology
- This position is only available for remote employment in New York, United States
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Recruitment agency policy
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal employment opportunity
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to email@example.com.
Important e-verify information
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.