- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Business Applications
Every day, we do exciting work that makes a difference to startup founders and business owners. At Pilot you will be helping clients solve critical financial and business strategy challenges. Our team works with a multitude of high growth startup clients from different industries and stages as their trusted advisor and hands-on strategic finance consultant.
As an Associate on the CFO Services team, you will work with colleagues from the top technology, private equity, and investment banking firms. Together, our team delivers world-class strategic finance advice and fundraising consulting. You will have endless opportunities to be a problem solver, creative thinker, and new business builder.
That’s life at Pilot. It could be for you.
What you’ll do:
- Track and evaluate key business function initiatives including new experiments and promotional campaigns
- Assist in biweekly resource allocation variance analysis, and identify risk, opportunities, and mitigation measures to ensure we are deploying our resources efficiently
- Run the ad-hoc analysis to help uncover growth opportunities, cost efficiencies, or ways to further scale the offering
- Facilitate monthly reviews of customer pricing to ensure CFO Services customers are priced and billed appropriately
- Partner with Principals on the team to help our clients:
- Bring the latest analytical techniques plus a deep understanding of financial modeling to help clients develop financial models, budgets and forecasts
- Be the world’s preeminent financial services tech-enabled firm - trusted advisor for our clients on their most important financial and business decisions
- Build long-term relationships and drive superior financial returns based on unique business insights
- Deliver measurable and sustainable improvements in financial and business KPIs
- Keep business plans and projects on track and on budget with ongoing budget management and monitoring for variance reporting and rolling forecasts
- Support successful investor discussion and board meetings by analyzing and tracking relevant KPIs
We are looking for people who demonstrate these aspects:
- 1-2 years of total experience in investment banking or management consulting
- Advanced Excel modeling skills with an ability to own complicated models end-to-end
- Highly analytical with ability to consume and process large amounts of unstructured information
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- High attention to detail
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
- Strategic thinker and ability to independently carry out rigorous problem solving
- Strong interest in technology
- This position is only available for remote employment in New York, United States
What we’re building
Pilot is a hyper growth software startup that automates much of the heavy lifting in financial services (e.g., bookkeeping, tax, CFO services, etc.) for SMBs. Since launching in 2017, Pilot has built highly advanced engineering to automate these financial services.
Pilot (Fintech's newest unicorn!) has raised over $150M in Series A, Series B and Series C financing from Sequoia, Jeff Bezos (via Bezos Expeditions), Whale Rock Capital, Index Ventures & Stripe. The company’s investors include a long-list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston and Diane Greene.
Pilot’s seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox). Pilot is headquartered in San Francisco and has a second office in Nashville. The company is scaling rapidly and has 150 employees.
Benefits of working at Pilot
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Holidays and flexible PTO
- Paid family leave