- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Business Applications
Pilot’s Controller Services team delivers specialized services to a portfolio of customers across a range of industries. As member of the the Controller Services team you will build world class processes that streamline both the accounting and operations for our clients.
In a nutshell, Controller Services team members are accounting and finance experts who:
- Use industry expertise to recommend process improvements to maximize accuracy and efficiency within our financial statement close process
- Investigate accounting issues to develop methodology based upon accounting principles
- Delight customers with expert guidance and support
- Manage customer deadlines and expectations in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Provide guidance to our bookkeeping teams to represent industry best practices based upon accounting principles
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter and who possesses all of the following:
- B.S. or M.S. in Accounting or equivalent
- 4+ years of public accounting experience required
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A love of problem solving and making teams and processes more efficient
- Delight in providing an exceptional customer experience
What we’re building
Pilot is a tech company building the bookkeeping firm you wish existed. We deliver books and a customer experience of unparalleled quality by automating the boring stuff and equipping a team of finance experts with software superpowers to deftly handle the rest.
- Pilot is ecstatic have opened an office in Nashville, the hometown of one of our founders!
- The company is 140+ people today, and growing. Our other office is in San Francisco.
We like to think of ourselves as all of the good parts of a startup, without the downsides. We’re a tight-knit team of smart, friendly people solving problems together with minimal bureaucratic overhead. But this is also the third company for this founding team, and we know how to build sustainable teams by investing in great benefits, professional development, great managers, and work/life balance.