- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Nov. 13, 2021
- Business Applications
Pilot’s Controller Services team delivers specialized services to a portfolio of customers across a range of industries. As member of the Controller Services team you will build world class processes that streamline both the accounting and operations for our clients.
- Use industry expertise to recommend process improvements to maximize accuracy and efficiency within our financial statement close process
- Investigate accounting issues to develop methodology based upon accounting principles
- Delight customers with expert guidance and support
- Manage customer deadlines and expectations in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Provide guidance to our bookkeeping teams to represent industry best practices based upon accounting principles
- B.S. or M.S. in Accounting or equivalent
- 2+ years of public or outsourced accounting experience preferred but not required
- 2+ years of private industry experience preferred but not required
- CPA preferred but not required
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A love of problem solving and making teams and processes more efficient
- Delight in providing an exceptional customer experience
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Recruitment agency policy
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal employment opportunity
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to email@example.com.
Important e-verify information
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.