- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Business Applications
Every day, we do exciting work that makes a difference to startup founders and business owners. At Pilot you will be helping clients solve critical financial and business strategy challenges. Our team works with a multitude of high growth startup founders from different industries and stages as their trusted advisor and hands-on strategic finance consultant.
As a Senior Manager on the CFO Services team, you will work with colleagues from the top tech companies, private equity, and investment banking firms. Together, our team delivers world-class strategic finance advice and fundraising consulting. You will have endless opportunities to be a problem solver, creative thinker, and new business builder.
That’s life at Pilot. It could be for you.
- Implement rigorous problem solving to help solve clients’ toughest issues on how to grow their business and manage their finances
- Bring the latest analytical techniques plus a deep understanding of financial modeling to help clients develop financial models, budgets and forecasts
- Be the world’s preeminent financial services tech-enabled firm - trusted advisor for our clients on their most important financial and business decisions
- Build long-term relationships and drive superior financial returns based on unique business insights
- Partner with clients to help them deliver measurable and sustainable improvements in financial and business KPIs
- Keep business plans and projects on track and on budget with ongoing budget management and monitoring for variance reporting and rolling forecasts
- Support successful investor discussion and board meetings by analyzing and tracking relevant KPIs
In partnership with the team and cross-functional partners, you will also:
- Identify areas of opportunity within Pilot CFO Services and develop strategies to address them
- Mentor new and less experienced members of the team
- Recommend and drive process improvements to maximize accuracy and efficiency within our offering
- 3-4 years of relevant finance and strategy experience; previous experience in in a fast-growing tech environment; investment banking or consulting is a plus
- Advanced Excel modeling skills with the ability to own financial models end-to-end, as well as ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy
- Highly analytical with ability to consume, process, and prioritize large amounts of unstructured information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Exceptional attention to detail and able to work independently to deliver accurate, high-quality outputs with minimal oversight
- Maintain a high level of integrity in your work
- Highly entrepreneurial and able to thrive in ambiguity and fast-paced environment
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with the immediate team, cross functional partners and function leads
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Recruitment agency policy
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal employment opportunity
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important e-verify information
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.