- Date Posted
- Nov. 13, 2021
- Business Applications
We are building out Pilot’s very first internal team of tax professionals.
Half of Pilot’s bookkeeping customers also buy our tax services. Doing both means that we have the opportunity to provide an exceptionally efficient, streamlined tax experience for our customers, via smart internal management of our tax partner relationships and an expertly crafted customer-facing tax onboarding and filing experience. Today, we partner with trusted tax providers but are excited to begin to offer this experience in-house.
Our State Tax Services Manager will report into our Tax Senior Manager and assist in providing tax services to Pilot’s customers. This includes:
- Delivering high quality tax compliance services to our growing customer base
- Delighting our customers with expert tax guidance and support, particularly in the state tax area
- Facilitating the preparation and review of corporate income tax returns, and the accurate, timely filing of tax forms
- Teaming with others at Pilot to onramp new tax customers
- Finding and implementing opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4-6 years previous experience in Tax at a public accounting firm or corporate tax department is required
- State tax specialist experience, including experience with preparing and reviewing business income tax returns
- Excellent problem solving, project management and communication skills
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Recruitment agency policy
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal employment opportunity
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to email@example.com.
Important e-verify information
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.