- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Business Applications
What we’re building
Every company needs to keep track of its finances, and most hire a bookkeeping firm to help do so. But there’s no Stripe, Gusto, or Google Apps of this world—no clear best-in-class firm that everyone uses because it delivers a service of unmatched quality and integrates with the tools and workflows to run your business as it grows. Pilot is building a first-of-its-kind, software-centric solution to tackle the financial back office (including bookkeeping, tax, CFO, etc.) so that founders and business owners don’t have to.
Our approach is to use software to automate as much of the heavy lifting as possible and giving those software superpowers to a team of finance experts. This means that our customers, business owners across America, can focus on the reasons they started their businesses in the first place, instead of worrying about whether their bookkeeping and taxes are being done well.
We are building out Pilot’s very first internal team of tax professionals.
Half of Pilot’s bookkeeping customers also buy our tax services. Doing both means that we have the opportunity to provide an exceptionally efficient, streamlined tax experience for our customers, via smart internal management of our tax partner relationships and an expertly-crafted customer-facing tax onboarding and filing experience. Today, we partner with trusted tax providers but are excited to begin to offer this experience in-house.
Our Tax Staff Accountant will report into our Tax Senior Manager and assist in providing tax services to Pilot’s clients. This includes:
- Delivering high quality tax compliance services to our growing customer base
- Finding and implementing opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures
- Delighting our customers with expert guidance and support
- Bachelor’s degree plus completion of additional course hours necessary to be qualified to sit for the CPA exam or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years previous experience as a Staff Accountant in Tax at a public accounting firm is preferred.
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Pilot is ecstatic have opened an office in Nashville, the hometown of one of our founders!
- The company is 140+ people today, and growing. Our other office is in San Francisco.
- We like to think of ourselves as all of the good parts of a startup, without the downsides. We’re a tight-knit team of smart, friendly people solving problems together with minimal bureaucratic overhead. But this is also the third company for this founding team, and we know how to build sustainable teams by investing in great benefits, professional development, great managers, and work/life balance