- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 30, 2021
- Business Applications
We are looking for a senior People leader to provide strategic guidance to Pilot’s People function to support us as we grow to 500+ employees and then 1000+ employees. Our People & Workplace Services team is currently 7 full-time employees, and we expect the team to be more than 10 by early 2022.
- Build a highly collaborate People organization that cross-functional leaders want to partner with and that will serve as the foundation to support Pilot for many years
- Drive measurable improvements in the employee experience across Pilot, improving metrics such as eNPS, employee satisfaction, productivity, and/or retention
- Provide strategic leadership to all of Pilot’s People systems, including our HRIS, payroll system, and benefits systems.
- Provide strategic leadership to Pilot’s semi-annual performance review and compensation cycle, to help our team learn, grow, and scale.
- Provide strategic leadership to Pilot’s onboarding program and learning & development programs, with a particular focus on developing leaders and first-time managers.
- Collaborate with Pilot’s legal and finance functions on best practices around policies and compliance.
- Collaborate with Pilot’s recruiting function around supporting Pilot’s rapid headcount growth.
- About you
- 10+ years of experience in HR/People Operations at one or more growth companies, supporting a geographically distributed workforce
- Track record of leading the People function at a fast-growing company that hired hundreds of employees per year
- Expertise across all general areas of HR, including employee onboarding, organizational design, performance management, compensation and benefits, and employee experience.
- High level of autonomy and sound judgment
- Approachable and able to build strong relationships with leaders across the company
- Strategic thinker who can also execute on tactical necessities—no task is too large or too small.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Recruitment agency policy
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal employment opportunity
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important e-verify information
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.