- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 2, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Product Specialists at Pilot are product-minded operations experts focused on R&D and cross-functional alignment. This team leverages its intimate understanding of Pilot’s products and services to ensure that all initiatives companywide from marketing to engineering have the technical support they need to set the right goals and deliver on them.
As a Product Ops Tech Lead for Consumer & Retail, you would be a senior IC expected to lead project initiatives in designing and scaling operational workflows, consulting cross-functional partners in GTM or R&D teams, and developing Operations and Product strategy.
- Define and evolve our operational processes for Consumer & Retail customers as we build for scale
- Integrate closely with Operations to ensure we’re meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Collaborate with Product Management to define specifications for, test, launch, and ensure successful adoption of new product features
- Analyze current operational processes to determine opportunities for automation and improved customer experience
- Partner with Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing to advocate for customer needs
Need to haves
- You have ~7-10 years of relevant work experience and have developed technical expertise in accounting or finance for consumer & retail companies
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
- Systems thinker and problem solver with exceptional ability to design scalable workflows
- Highly analytical and motivated to derive actionable insight from large amounts of unstructured information.
- Excellent project management with demonstrated ability to drive forward progress on multiple cross-functional initiatives.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Recruitment agency policy
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal employment opportunity
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to email@example.com.
Important e-verify information
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.