- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 28, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Pilot is growing quickly, and we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team to own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key initiatives to support this growth.
The Growth team’s mission is to accelerate Pilot’s growth by building experiences that scale the usage of Pilot products and drive improvements to our core business metrics. Thousands of customers use Pilot today for their back office finance needs and this role will be focused on further accelerating our customer base as well as ensuring new customers get the most value from Pilot. If you’re interested in joining a rocket ship and working with some of the best and the brightest to help shape the next-generation financial back office, we’d love to talk to you!
- Own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key growth initiatives, including but not limited to lead conversion, new user onboarding, customer retention, referrals and upsells.
- Deeply understand and elevate the voices of our (internal and external) customers.
- Define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics that impact company goals.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, engineering, design and data to deliver against key shared business goals.
- Help evolve the Growth PM discipline within the Product organization.
- Demonstrated experience moving key business metrics. You can measure the business impact of your work and tie it back to company goals.
- Quantitative, analytical and experimentation oriented. Able to leverage both quantitative and qualitative insights to develop and execute experiments.
- Customer obsessed. You’re passionate about not only hitting business goals, but intimately knowing our customers and creating delightful experiences to meet their needs. You know that the key to business growth is through happy customers.
- You work extremely well cross-functionally and can partner effectively with marketing, sales, engineering, data, and design.
- You can take big ideas and turn them into a strategy and roadmap of projects and experiments with minimal guidance.
- Able to drive prioritization and ensure the team is working on the highest-leverage opportunities.
- You have a bias towards impact and learning quickly. You are comfortable taking risks and making calculated tradeoffs.
- Bonus if you have SaaS Growth experience!
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Recruitment agency policy
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal employment opportunity
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important e-verify information
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.