- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 17, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
We’re seeking a strategic, data-driven leader to build and scale our content marketing efforts at Pilot. As the Content Marketing Lead, you’ll develop the function’s strategy, set its vision, and support product, sales and marketing team goals. Your work will be highly visible, cross-functional and broad in scope. Priorities include using data and insights to identify content marketing opportunities, designing programs that get measurable results, and working closely with our product and sales teams to create rich, high-quality content.
- Develop and execute on a comprehensive content strategy for customer acquisition and growing our brand voice.
- Manage and create a rich content calendar that supports a regular cadence of various types of content including: blog posts, white papers, ebooks, reports, videos, infographics, that are aligned to the buyer journey.
- Develop our editorial style guide and tone guidelines to ensure a cohesive brand voice.
- Serve as Pilot’s in-house editor for both internal and external content.
- Measure and optimize the effectiveness of our content by developing reporting, KPIs, and metrics for each content channel
- Lead the distribution and promotion strategy for content pieces with SEO, email, content syndication, and partnering with demand generation.
- 4+ years of experience in a B2B marketing role.
- You’re extremely data-driven and used to tracing the impact of your efforts all the way out through revenue added.
- Deep understanding of SEO strategies and best practices.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. You’ll need to demonstrate you can successfully write and edit content for a specialized industry.
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
What we’re building
Every business has to keep track of its finances, yet bookkeeping has historically been expensive, inaccurate and slow. There’s no Stripe, Gusto, or Google Apps solution—no dominant best-in-class firm that integrates with the tools needed to run a business. Bookkeeping is an $80 billion-dollar industry that hasn’t seen innovation for decades.
Pilot is changing that. We’re your external finance team, and we deliver a customer experience of unparalleled quality by automating the boring stuff and equipping a team of finance experts with software superpowers to deftly handle the rest. Our customers can focus on growing their business instead of worrying about their finances.
About the team
We are a quickly-growing team of 230 based in San Francisco and Nashville. Pilot’s seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox). We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You’ll get to work on fun and engaging projects with the best and brightest.
Benefits of working at Pilot
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Holidays and flexible PTO
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Paid family leave
- As a post-Covid consideration: Convenient office location in San Francisco, close to the Montgomery BART station