- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
What we’re building
Every business has to keep track of its finances, yet bookkeeping has historically been expensive, inaccurate and slow. There’s no Stripe, Gusto, or Google Apps solution—no dominant best-in-class firm that integrates with the tools needed to run a business. Bookkeeping is an $80 billion-dollar industry that hasn’t seen innovation for decades.
Pilot is changing that. We deliver books and a customer experience of unparalleled quality by automating the boring stuff and equipping a team of finance experts with software superpowers to deftly handle the rest. Our customers can focus on growing their business instead of worrying about their books.
About the team
We are a quickly-growing team of 170 based in San Francisco. Pilot’s seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox). We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You’ll get to work on fun and engaging projects with the best and brightest.
Pilot is looking for a founding member of our product marketing team. You’ll work with our Product Marketing Lead to define how we tell the Pilot story and communicate the value of our offerings to customers.
- Work on foundational messaging and positioning work including developing buyer personas, competitive research, and product messaging
- Help improve the sales cycle and support the sales team with training, collateral, pitch decks, and FAQs to optimize and improve the sales process
- Lead the creation of customer-facing content such as how-to guides, onboarding materials, demo videos, website copy, and customer stories to communicate the benefits of Pilot to our prospects and customers
- Collaborate on initiatives with partnerships, growth marketing, content marketing, and lifecycle marketing to support acquisition, engagement, retention, and advocacy efforts
- Have a track record of setting strategy and executing on product marketing initiatives
- Passionate about deeply understanding our customers and acting as the voice of the customer to internal teams
- Storyteller at heart. You are excited to tell the story of how Pilot helps startups and small businesses spend more time building their business, and less time on back office activities
- Energized to work cross-functionally across product, marketing, sales, customer success, and operations to develop our go-to-market strategy
Benefits of working at Pilot
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Holidays and flexible PTO
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Paid family leave