- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
As an integral member of the marketing team, you’ll own driving search traffic to pilot.com and turn Pilot’s website into a conversion machine. We’re looking for a scrappy, analytical marketer to manage our website, organic, and paid search channels—all critical pieces of our demand generation engine. You’ll create, manage, and optimize A/B experiments and create best-in-class web experiences for our prospects. You’ll work closely with the rest of the marketing team, design, sales, partnerships, engineering, and the leadership team. This is a big role that is critically important at a hyper-growth company, backed by an A+ team with top-tier investors.
- Grow revenue by improving pilot.com. You’ll set the strategy, analyze campaign and web data and share learnings with the rest of the team
- Own the pilot.com experience
- Define and report on key metrics across web traffic, paid search, and SEO
- Run website experiments geared towards improving conversion of landing pages, signup flows, etc.
- Own the livechat experience, including the handoff to sales
- Develop, execute, and optimize paid search campaigns
- Perform technical SEO audits and work with web developers to implement improvements
- Work with our content team to identify SEO content opportunities and create briefs for production
- Managing external agencies, as needed
- 4+ years of Web or Growth Marketing experience
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset
- Experience with hypothesis-driven A/B testing, experiment design, and analysis
- Proficient in technical SEO/ability to identify opportunities related to crawlability, page speed, core web vitals, and html/css/js improvements
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Search Console, Google Tag Manager and Segment, and, in particular, an understanding of how to use these tools to improve search visibility and user experience
- Experience managing Webflow preferred
What we’re building
Every business has to keep track of its finances, yet bookkeeping has historically been expensive, inaccurate and slow. There’s no Stripe, Gusto, or Google Apps solution—no dominant best-in-class firm that integrates with the tools needed to run a business. Bookkeeping is an $80 billion-dollar industry that hasn’t seen innovation for decades.
Pilot is changing that. We’re your external finance team, and we deliver a customer experience of unparalleled quality by automating the boring stuff and equipping a team of finance experts with software superpowers to deftly handle the rest. Our customers can focus on growing their business instead of worrying about their finances.
About the team
We are a quickly-growing team of 140 based in San Francisco and Nashville. Pilot’s seasoned founding team has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox). We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You’ll get to work on fun and engaging projects with the best and brightest. Pilot has raised over $160M from top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Index Ventures, and Stripe.
Benefits of working at Pilot
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Holidays and flexible PTO
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Paid family leave
- As a post-Covid consideration: Convenient office location in San Francisco, close to the Montgomery BART station