- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 13, 2021
- Business Applications
Pilot is building a first-of-its-kind, software-centric solution to tackle the financial back office (bookkeeping, tax, CFO, etc.) so that founders and business owners don’t have to. We already work with 1200+ customers in the tech startup and e-commerce spaces and are expanding rapidly, enabling us to grow our sales team.
As a Strategic Account Executive, you’ll join a group of high-performing and motivated salespeople focused on solution sales. You’ll work closely with our Solutions Architect team and other stakeholders across the business to take create tailored solutions for our most strategic prospects. We are seeking individuals who have previously worked in public accounting (think audit and advisory roles at one of the Big 4) and who also have direct sales experience at SaaS or services-focused companies. You bring a consultative, approach to every prospect interaction and your training in accounting enables you to bring additional value and credibility into your sales conversations.
- Achieve and consistently exceed sales goals by closing new business
- Full-cycle sales with responsibility for building and maintaining a pipeline of prospective customers
- Present and demonstrate the value of Pilot’s products and services to prospective buyers on both inbound and outbound sales efforts
- Understand and own the information regarding Pilot’s numerous financial service offerings
- Work cross-functionally with our solutions, marketing, product, and finance teams—echoing the voice of the customer and providing constructive and actionable feedback to the team
- Work collaboratively to build and iterate day-to-day processes within the role
- 2+ years of Account Executive sales experience (ideally fintech, or financial services) in a closing role
- Previous public accounting/audit experience is required for this role
- CPA is highly desired
- Proven track record of success, quota attainment, and over-achievement
- Highly organized and detailed with an eye towards process
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Recruitment agency policy
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal employment opportunity
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important e-verify information
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.