- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 22, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We are growing quickly and looking for software engineers on all of our teams, across product, infrastructure and security. All of our teams have unique charters to collectively build the software, services and systems that enable Pilot to deliver a high-quality experience, profitably at scale. Most of our software engineers would describe themselves as generalists — they can work across the stack though may gravitate more towards frontend, backend, infrastructure, etc. Please apply and we’ll be sure to match you with an opening that fits your background and interests.
- Building, testing and deploying software in a continuous manner (we deploy throughout the week, if not every day)
- Working with PMs and Product Designers, and participating in product and design reviews.
- Creating and/or contributing to technical specs and testing/rollout plans.
- Working with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure we’re solving the right problems.
- Mentoring and sponsoring your teammates to help them grow.
- Working across teams to shape the future of engineering at Pilot.
- Supporting your software and services as required.
Even if you don’t have experience with the specific technologies in our stack, we’d love to talk to you! Our requirements are:
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Able to work collaboratively across functions
- Strong written, verbal, and technical communication skills
- Writes well-structured, well-tested, and maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and teach others
- Additionally, we’re interested in engineers with specialties in the following areas: security, infrastructure, frontend, data pipelines, and FinTech.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Recruitment agency policy
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal employment opportunity
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot’s demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important e-verify information
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.