- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Business Applications
Pitch is the collaborative presentation software for modern teams. We're focused on making it fast and delightful for teams to create and deliver beautiful presentations, and easy for anyone to find inspiration from templates crafted by experts. Since we launched Pitch publicly in October 2020 and raised our Series B funding in May, over 100,000 teams have adopted Pitch as their presentation software of choice, including top brands like Intercom, Superhuman, and Notion.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer who will play an integral role in building out our CI/CD capabilities and supporting the product teams in their cloud infrastructure needs. We’re looking for an experienced developer with a passion for DevOps methodologies and a shipping mindset.
The DevOps team ensures that our infrastructure allows for frequent, easy & stress-free rollouts and rollbacks into our Web, Electron and React Native apps. As its member, you’ll play an integral role in transforming our weekly release cycles into true CI/CD pipelines. On top of this, you and your teammates will support the product teams in leveraging the AWS Cloud Infrastructure and Services to ship user facing features.
If you’re a people-oriented person looking for a high-impact role that can influence the health of the entire engineering organization, we’d love to talk to you!
Curious about our engineering culture? Our CTO and co-founder Adam Renklint recently contributed to a blog post that dives deep into our technical foundation, our iterative approach to development and our philosophy on building a sustainable engineering culture that’s all about joyful work.
What you will do
- Implement improvements to our deployment process to facilitate releases happening multiple times per day
- Partner with product teams and on-call group to improve reporting & monitoring of our infrastructure, site reliability practices, rollback strategies and more
- Increase the resilience and improve mean time to recovery (MTTR) of our infrastructure
- Support the engineering organization with the infra-as-code knowledge as we build new services & to review the existing ones
- Work on developer-facing tools that bring joy and productivity to everyday operations
- Ship client-side-heavy applications into production
- Mentor and guide others in developing CI/CD best practices
What you should offer
- 2+ years of working experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its key services (EC2, Route53, S3, Lambda). Alternatively, you have strong working knowledge of Azure or Google Cloud
- Expertise with CloudFormation (or similar cloud provisioning systems like Terraform, Pulumi or CDK)
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools and practices
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Ability to work cross-functionally and build strong relationships with the engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to share and teach
Would be nice to have
- Electron.js experience
- Webpack know-how
- Understanding of React.js
Pitch was founded in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. With that mindset, we’re building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team’s best thinking - we look forward to hearing from you!