- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Pitch is the company rethinking the way we create, collaborate on and deliver presentations. Built by the team behind Wunderlist, Pitch makes the journey from draft to deck fast, effortless, and fun. After launching out of beta in October of last year, the buzz around Pitch has translated into adoption: more than 25,000 teams have already discovered the beauty and flexibility of our platform.
We’ve been shipping features at a prodigious rate in 2021 so far and have big plans for the months ahead with entirely new product areas on the horizon. One particular area we’re looking to kick off in the coming months is presentation analytics. The goal of this are will be to give our users insights into their audiences and how they can optimize their presentations based on these data. As the first Senior Backend Engineer on the this project, you’ll be leading the technical side of this feature area. Read on for more details.
What you’ll get to do...
- Lay the backend (including infrastructure) and some of the frontend foundation for our presentation analytics features.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and other Engineering leaders on scoping, prioritisation and design of features.
- In the long term, scale our data infrastructure to serve our presentation analytics feature set as it grows in scope and serves a large number of users.
The role is perfect for you if...
- You have proven experience in building a scalable data/analytics product or feature at a previous company.
- You have experience with functional programming, or a strong interest in learning Clojure.
- You know what a “best-in-class” data stack looks like, and are familiar with the data infrastructure used in high-growth companies such as Segment, Snowplow, Redshift/Snowflake.
- You have a demonstrable passion for building data-based features that are powerful, but accessible to people without a high level of data literacy.
- You’re self-driven — highly motivated to drive projects forward, working closely with team members and stakeholders to agree on project scope/deliverables.
- You have an interest in taking technical leadership and managing a team, although this is not required.
- We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds. Come one, come all!