- Date Posted
- Oct. 22, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Pitch is the collaborative presentation software for modern teams. We're focused on making it fast and delightful for teams to create and deliver beautiful presentations, and easy for anyone to find inspiration from templates crafted by experts. Since we launched Pitch publicly in October 2020 and raised our Series B funding in May, over 100,000 teams have adopted Pitch as their presentation software of choice, including top brands like Intercom, Superhuman, and Notion.
We’ve been shipping features at a prodigious rate in 2021 so far and have big plans for the months ahead with entirely new product areas on the horizon. One particular area we’re looking to supercharge in the coming months is Presentation Analytics. The goal of this feature is to give our users in-depth insights into their audience by providing analytics around session length, viewer journey, segmentation, and more. With this data, our customers will always be on top of their audience’s interests and optimize their presentations and their content accordingly.
As the first Senior Backend Engineer on the the project, you’ll be leading the technical side of our Presentation Analytics area. You’ll also work towards developing a vision for future development and further scaling of the presentation analytics data infrastructure.
Curious about our engineering culture? Our CTO and co-founder Adam Renklint recently contributed to a blog post that dives deep into our technical foundation, our iterative approach to development and our philosophy on building a sustainable engineering culture that’s all about joyful work.
What you will do
- Lay the backend (including the infrastructure) and some of the frontend foundation for our Presentation Analytics features.
- Lead technical decision-making for new feature development and for changes to the technical architecture.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and other Engineering leaders on scoping, prioritisation and design of features.
- In the long term, scale our data infrastructure to serve our presentation analytics feature set as it grows in scope and serves a large number of users.
What you should offer
- You have proven experience in building a scalable data/analytics product or feature at a previous company.
- You have experience with functional programming, or a strong interest in learning Clojure.
- You enjoy doing back-end work, but are equally comfortable taking on work in the front-end when the situation calls for it
- You know what a “best-in-class” data stack looks like, and are familiar with the data infrastructure used in high-growth companies such as Segment, Snowplow, Redshift/Snowflake.
- You have a demonstrable passion for building data-based features that are powerful, but accessible to people without a high level of data literacy.
- You’re self-driven — highly motivated to drive projects forward, working closely with team members and stakeholders to agree on project scope/deliverables.
- You have an interest in taking technical leadership and managing a team, although this is not required.
- Curious what it's like to work at Pitch? Find out more about how Pitch operates as a remote-first company through using powerful collaboration tools and dogfooding our own products!
- Pitch was founded in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. With that mindset, we’re building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
- Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team’s best thinking - we look forward to hearing from you!