- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 23, 2021
- Business Development
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. Founded in 2012, we’ve helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and thousands of developers build the new wave of financial technology. Our customers range from companies like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. To date, Plaid has raised $725M of capital from prominent venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
The newly-formed Financial Access organization expands and enriches connections between Plaid and financial institution partners to create a foundation for new and differentiated products that enable people to have healthier financial lives. This global team enables innovation for data partners by opening access to tools and technology that were previously reserved for technology upstarts.
The Ecosystem Development team, within the Financial Access organization, is looking for a Partner Manager who will help us establish deep partnerships with and drive the digital roadmaps of the largest financial institutions in North America. In this role, you will help define our strategy for transforming Plaid’s position in the industry, cultivate and deepen relationships with key stakeholders at the financial institutions you cover, and execute on partnership expansion opportunities that drive meaningful impact for both Plaid and its partners. You will collaborate closely with many teams within Financial Access and the broader company, including but not limited to Engineering, Product, Policy / Legal / Risk.
You will need to be able to handle meetings from product owners in the trenches to senior executives. The topics you will need to proficiently engage on will range from the technical aspects of data sharing to regulatory/policy topics to deepen understanding of Plaid’s core products. In addition, you must be comfortable working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to share information or troubleshoot issues that can help strengthen our integrations.
What Excites You
- Being a champion in the industry for consumer data rights and access to financial services
- Partnering and supporting financial institutions in their digital transformation journey
- Working in a highly-collaborative and cross-functional environment that feels different each dayBeing nimble and finding new and collaborative solutions in a rapidly changing industry
- Structuring strategic deals that achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Building and nurturing relationships while representing the interests of Plaid to partners, vice versa
- Rolling up your sleeves and learning about a wide-range of topics across tech, product and business
What Excites Us
- 5-10 years experience, a plus for folks with financial services and/or BD experience
- Passion for and experience building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills: ability to influence through presentations, written, and verbal communications
- Technical and product affinity is a mustIdeal candidate is positive, collaborative, organized, focused, and a self-starter
- Personal network at larger financial institutions is a plus
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.