- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Business Development
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
One of Plaid’s key strategic focuses is expansion in the UK & Europe. The Financial Access and Partnership team is looking for an Ecosystem Partnership leader. This person will establish deep partnerships with some of the largest financial institutions and fintech players in Europe.
They will oversee the partnership strategy for evolving Plaid’s position in the industry, cultivating relationships with key executive stakeholders across the Banking and Fintech sector, and executing on opportunities that drive meaningful impact for both Plaid and its partners.
This particular role is for a senior individual contributor with strong potential to grow a team within 12 months. This position involves collaborating with other leaders of Financial Access, Product, Business and Corp Dev teams to drive the partnerships that power Plaid’s products in Europe.
Ecosystem Partnerships “owns” the full-lifecycle partner relationship, from opportunity creation, deal structuring (which is generally consultative and can be complex), negotiating economics, and the legal and compliance process. Once a partnership is “closed,” the team maintains a strong relationship with the partner and works closely with the teams involved in implementing the partnership.
Successful candidates in this role have a blend of general business and partnership aptitude, a great deal of knowledge of Open Banking and Payments, and a track record driving complex cross-functional workstreams. Past experience in tech partnerships, business development, other strategic commercial roles, and/or top-tier consulting/finance roles make for a good team fit.
What excites you
- Negotiating complex deals with diverse objectives that include, but extend beyond, powering and improving our product
- Working with external partners (including solving pain points!), and gravitate toward long-term rather than transactional business relationships
- Partnering and supporting financial institutions in their digital transformation journey
- Working in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment that feels different each day
- Finding, hiring and developing the next generation of Plaids in Europe
What excites us
- Natural collaborators with experience building fruitful, long-term relationships
- Strategic thinkers who connect product and industry-wide insights to inform partnerships and shape products
- Co-conspirators who enjoy working with other experienced leaders to develop new approaches for Plaid
- Experienced leaders with a track record of hiring, building and scaling partner-facing teams
- Professionals with deep payments and financial services understanding to navigate this complex and ever-evolving industry
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.