- Date Posted
- Aug. 26, 2021
- Business Development
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Plaid is inherently a global business with a global mission -- and the executive team is looking for a seasoned leader to drive the next stage of our growth in Europe. We want a builder to help establish not only Plaid’s business but also our reputation and culture in a new market. You will be responsible for driving go-to-market in France, coordinating with functional leads to set product & operational strategy, liaising with prospective customers, and engaging with regulators, partners, and policy makers as the face of Plaid in France. Your goal is to establish Plaid as the preeminent financial access provider in France and build a thriving extension of Plaid’s culture.
What excites us:
- Builder mentality: when faced with ambiguity, you roll up your sleeves and make something great.
- Early stage operating experience: you’ve led early stage teams and expansions before with successful outcomes; you have scaled go-to-market teams previously
- B2B sales experience: you know how to navigate and execute sales for B2B SaaS products
- Fintech familiarity: you know the financial services and fintech ecosystem in France
- Excellent people management: you are a culture carrier and can set the tone for employees across the region; EQ is a must!
- Disciplined organizational skills: you have demonstrated ability to manage many projects and prioritize
- Executive presence: you have prior experience representing your company to customers, partners, and policy-makers
What excites you:
- Establishing a new market: you will work directly with the executive team and functional leads to set the strategy and operations in France; you thrive in 0 → 1 environments
- Finding product-market fit: you will be the interface between French customers and product leads to ensure we are focused on the right segments and building the products our customers need
- Growing a great culture: you will be the seed of a culture and recruit great colleagues to build Plaid’s presence across Europe
- Being where the action is: you will visit customers and partners to understand their needs and translate them into product & go-to-market strategies
- Decision-making: you will be responsible for using sound business judgement on unilateral decisions and ensuring operations are compliant
- Bridge-building: you will be the link between functional leads in the U.S. and Plaid’s presence in Europe, providing both business and cultural continuity
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.