- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 26, 2021
- Business Development
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Plaid’s GTM Partnerships role represents the core “go to market” function of our channel Partnerships team. This person will drive a large portion of the overall team strategy, prioritizing both general market verticals and specific partner opportunities to drive commercial value to and from our partners.
This particular hire will initially focus on driving growth among our channel partners in the Investments/Wealth vertical.
Partnerships GTM “owns” the full-lifecycle partner relationship, from opportunity qualification, deal structuring (which is generally consultative and can be complex), negotiating economics, and the legal contracting process. Once a partnership is “closed,” the team maintains a strong relationship with the partner and works closely with our partner enablement group to drive ongoing value from the relationship.
Successful candidates in this role have a blend of commercial skills, general business aptitude, and partner/customer relationship-building ability. Past experience in tech partnerships, business development, other strategic commercial roles, and/or top-tier consulting/finance roles make for a good team fit.
What excites you:
- You enjoy negotiating complex deals with diverse objectives that include, but extend beyond, headline revenue
- You get energy from working with external partners (including solving pain points!) and gravitate toward long-term rather than transactional business relationships
- You thrive taking on and executing against new challenges that require cross-functional stakeholder engagement
- You’re excited to join a newer team (2.5 years in existence!) that is one of the fastest-growing at Plaid and in many ways a “startup within a startup”
- You’re energized by Plaid’s mission of unlocking financial freedom for everyone
What excites us:
- 8+ years work experience, including 4+ years in tech partnerships, business development, other strategic commercial roles, and/or top-tier consulting/finance roles
- A track record driving complex cross-functional workstreams
- High degree of empathy for external partners
- All-around “business athlete” skillset
- An ownership mentality -- you’ll “run through walls” to successfully execute our partnership strategy
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.