- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Business Development
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Our sales team at Plaid combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Plaid to an ever-broadening set of businesses. Our thesis is that every company in financial services can benefit from better financial technology, and that many industries that don’t currently consider themselves to be FinTech actually are.
You’ll be the one helping us achieve this vision. As a New Business Associate, you’ll help generate new business through our inbound sales funnel. You will be the first point of contact for new companies we work with. You’ll work closely with Account Executives to drive successful progress towards our revenue acquisition goals. The ideal candidate is customer centric, resilient, challenges the status quo, and is enthusiastic starting their career in tech sales.
What excites you:
- A willingness to learn a customer-centric, consultative selling approach
- Interest in financial services and technical products; a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed
- Desire to get (more) technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid’s APIs
- The ability to thrive in a high customer volume, time-sensitive environment
What excites us:
- Creating excellent customer experiences
- Manage inbound leads and serve as the primary point of contact for new customers
- Help new developers get started with Plaid and answer questions about our products
- Building and iterating on team processes
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.