- San Francisco
- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 16, 2021
- Business Intelligence
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. Founded in 2012, we’ve helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and thousands of developers build the new wave of financial technology. Our customers range from companies like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. To date, Plaid has raised $725M of capital from prominent venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
The BizOps team is focused on solving some of Plaid’s most pressing business issues. As the first Business Intelligence hire, you’ll work closely with other members of the BizOps team and key GTM team stakeholders to drive action out of insights that will directly impact our P&L. You will build and maintain our core data models used by Plaid’s Go-To-Market teams and Leadership for performance monitoring, KPI reporting, and workflow enablement. You will be a driving force in scaling Plaid’s analytics infrastructure and operations through tooling and partnering with various stakeholders to build homegrown solutions. The role requires someone who is highly analytical, technical, and thrives in ambiguity.
What excites you:
- Developing a persistent ‘source of truth’ across different data sourcesImplementing new technology and developing new processes to scale and improve analytics operations
- Working with a variety of technical stakeholders to identify valuable data and make it accessible to our data consumers
- Working closely with cross-functional leadership to drive visibility and insights into new initiatives
- Building self-service data models to allow Go-To-Market teams to easily understand their performance and improve their strategy
- Leading ad-hoc strategic, analytical projects that directly impact bottom-line revenue
What excites us:
- A proven track in building and maintaining complex data models, across a variety of data sources, that deliver consistency in definitions across the company
- Experience scaling analytics infrastructure and operations
- Experience working with leadership to define and model KPIs
- Ability to translate ad hoc requests into enhancements to our core data models
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks
- Experience building and maintaining analytics tech-stack: ETL tools (e.g. Fivetran, Stitch, Airflow), analytics tools (e.g. Periscope, Mode, Looker, R Studio), data catalogs (Atalan, Informatica), and databases (Redshift, Postgres, Snowflake)
- Experience modeling Salesforce, revenue, and product usage data
- Strong SQL skills (2+ years experience)
- 5+ years of data modeling experience in an analytical position
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.