- San Francisco
- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Business Intelligence
- Financial Services
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. Founded in 2012, we’ve helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and thousands of developers build the new wave of financial technology. Our customers range from companies like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. To date, Plaid has raised $725M of capital from prominent venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
The BizOps team is focused on solving some of Plaid’s most pressing business issues. As the Business Intelligence Manager, your mission is to enable the company to make data driven decisions at scale. You will build the BI team at Plaid. You will manage the design and construction of the analytics single source of truth used by everyone from executive leadership to individual contributors. You will partner with our Data Infrastructure team to assemble the technology required to scale analytics and data literacy. You will work with senior leaders to ensure we are prioritizing the highest value projects.
This role requires someone who has a track record of scaling Business Intelligence functions as well as the desire to roll up their sleeves to personally execute on high value items.
What excites you:
- Developing a persistent ‘source of truth’ across different data sources
- Implementing new technology and developing new processes to scale and improve analytics operations
- Working with a variety of technical stakeholders to identify valuable data and make it accessible to our data consumers
- Working closely with cross-functional leadership to drive visibility and improve operational performance
- Building self-service data models to allow Go-To-Market teams to easily understand their performance and improve their strategy
- Leading ad-hoc strategic, analytical projects that directly impact bottom-line revenue
What excites us:
- A history of scaling high performing teams
- A proven track in building and maintaining analytics databases that deliver consistency in definitions across the company
- Success in proliferating self service analytics resources
- Experience scaling analytics infrastructure and operations
- Experience working with leadership to define and model KPIs
- Ability to translate ad hoc requests into enhancements to our core data models
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks
- Experience building and maintaining analytics tech-stack: ETL tools (e.g. Fivetran, Stitch, Airflow), analytics tools (e.g. Periscope, Mode, Looker, R Studio), data catalogs (Atalan, Informatica), and databases (Redshift, Postgres, Snowflake)
- Experience modeling Salesforce, revenue, and product usage data
- Strong SQL skills (4+ years experience)
- 5+ years experience leading analytics teams
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.