- San Francisco
- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 25, 2021
- Business Intelligence
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
We are looking for a Regulatory Compliance Analyst who wants to work with a growing team to build a compliance function that enables the business to grow in a way that accounts for the evolving financial services ecosystem and regulatory landscape. You’ll report to the Regulatory Compliance Program Manager and play a key role in defining and implementing our strategy for managing regulatory and contractual compliance risks across Plaid. This revolve includes working closely with cross-functional stakeholders to understand existing processes, and facilitating risk awareness and mitigation.
If you’re interested in a forward-thinking compliance role within an ambitious and dynamic company, and are comfortable working in an ambiguous regulatory landscape, let’s chat!
Day to day responsibilities might include:
- Reviewing contracts and regulatory requirements.
- Developing and performing compliance gap assessments.
- Identifying, assessing, and documenting compliance risks/control gaps and tracking remediation.
- Developing test plans and performing the periodic testing of controls.
- Documenting compliance policies, procedures, and training materials.
- Preparing relevant metrics and status reporting.
- Assisting with audits, as needed.
What excites us:
- 3-5 years of experience in a compliance, risk management, or audit related role.
- Experience working with financial regulations.
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills.
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail.
- Project management experience.
- Strong interest in fintech and consumer-friendly financial products.
- Good sense of humor and a “roll up your sleeves” attitude.
- Experience evaluating compliance tools and workflow systems is a bonus.
What excites you:
- Working from the ground up to design and implement compliance processes.
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners to meet compliance objectives.
- Driving controls monitoring and testing activities.
- Anticipating and mitigating risk to drive business performance.
- Staying up to date on regulatory and policy developments relevant to fintech and growth stage companies.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.