- Date Posted
- Sep. 30, 2021
- Business Intelligence
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
We’re convinced that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools that thousands of developers use to create their own products.The Risk & Compliance Team at Plaid is a cross functional team whose responsibility is to enable the business by mitigating risks and maintaining controls that ensure trust in the platform.Plaid sits in the middle of this ecosystem, and we’re the gateway used by our customers to build, launch, and scale FinTech applications that democratize financial services. In this role, you’ll be responsible for supporting Plaid’s ecosystem risk management activities from security, regulatory, and reputational perspectives. You’ll work closely with our Go-to-Market (GTM) (made up of our Marketing, Sales, and Growth teams), Security Engineering, Legal, Customer Support, and Financial Access teams to ensure trust in the platform and protect the ecosystem.
What Excites You
- Being part of a highly evolving cross-functional team in a rapidly growing organisation.
- Having a significant impact on the future of financial services.
- Using your experience and working with autonomy to problem solve and drive process improvements.
- Conducting and managing compliance reviews and risk analyses of prospective UK and EU customers and partners as they come through the GTM pipeline.
- Performing ad-hoc and periodic reviews of customers and partners.
- Undertaking transaction monitoring and taking action as required.
- Being a key resource in developing, implementing, maintaining and enhancing the internal policies, procedures and processes required of a rapidly-evolving risk management function.
- Providing ongoing AML, CTF and ABC subject matter expertise to the business and generally promoting a strong culture of compliance.
- Partnering with the Compliance Monitoring and Testing team to facilitate ongoing reviews and obtain assurance over operational activity.
- Supporting the business in the efficient and effective discharge of its regulatory duties concerning all aspects of financial crime.
- Assisting Plaid’s MLRO with all administrative and operational matters related to AML, CTF, and ABC compliance.
- Articulating complex and nuanced compliance requirements into understandable concepts.
What Excites Us
- 5+ years of relevant compliance, risk, or operational experience with a specific focus on financial services. Fintech experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Subject matter expert with a strong knowledge and understanding of AML/CTF/Sanctions regulations and requirements, including financial crime risks.
- Experience of due diligence processes, vendors and systems. Good understanding of UK and EU regulatory structure, process, and underlying principles.
- Ideal candidate is positive, collaborative, highly organized, and an independent thinker with demonstrated good judgment, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and empathetic to the challenges of a start-up.
- Strong familiarity with a range of relevant financial and technical concepts.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Intellectual honesty and humility; you should be willing to admit when you don’t know something, and should have the discernibility to escalate issues when necessary.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.