- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 30, 2021
- Data Science
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The Credit & Fraud Data Science team builds state-of-the-art machine learning and analytics solutions to support Plaid’s payments and lending product initiatives, to improve how millions of users understand and grow their financial lives.
You will lead the Credit & Fraud Data Science team, working with cross-functional engineering and product partners to build machine learning and analytics solutions at scale for payments and lending products. You will support a strong team of experienced data scientists, and you will help hire and grow that team to tackle new data science opportunities.
What Excites You
- Passionate about applying Machine Learning to real-world problems, especially around payments and lending applications
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional engineering and product partners to launch new financial products
- Championing a data-first approach toward decision-making across the entire organization
- Building a great team culture and instilling the team with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
What Excites Us
- 2+ years of data science management experience, with 4+ years as a data scientist.
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their applications in an industry setting
- Strong understanding of various statistical techniques and experimentation analysis workflows
- A problem-solving mindset and a willingness to step outside your lane when needed
- Background in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics, or a closely related field
- Nice to have: experience in the payments or lending space
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.