- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
- Data Science
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
We’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer with experience applying machine learning and modeling techniques in the fraud space to join our Money Movement team. You will help build the infrastructure and models focused on fraud detection, drawing signal from large volumes of data. You will both be building systems as well as investigating and integrating new data sources to improve the performance of our models.
Apply if you care about building large, scalable performant production systems that apply machine learning technology to impactful problems. We’re looking for someone who is not only technically capable but also has strong creativity, values user empathy and has a clear track record of effective teamwork.
We’re guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, inventing tomorrow; we’re looking for leaders who are motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Build products with real impact: your work will touch tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and major U.S. financial institutions
- Passionate about applying Machine Learning to real-world problems, especially financial fraud
- Working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems
- Digging through finance’s complex challenges—and reimagining the experience completely
- Understand data at both the micro and macro levels -- finding examples from specific cases, and generalizing into broader patterns by converting into features and models
What excites us
- 5+ years of production experience, systems development, and distributed systems
- 2+ years of industry experience developing machine learning models
- 1+ years of industry experience with financial fraud detection and fraud models
- Data investigation and data engineering skills, including data infrastructure tools and query languages such as SQL
- Background in computer science, engineering, mathematics, engineering, economics, or a related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.