- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Design & UI
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
About our team
The design team at Plaid is made up of service designers, interaction designers, writers, visual designers and researchers who work hand in hand with our peers in marketing, product management and engineering to create Plaid’s market defining products.
What you’ll do here
You’ll be joining Threads, our brand and design system team, while working closely with product designers, product managers, product marketing managers, engineers, and other partners to help make Plaid an established, trusted brand among our core audiences. You’ll be helping to expand the foundations of our brand system—from our core strategy to the visual elements that define it—and coming up with creative, effective, and delightful ways of communicating with our users.
What excites you
- Helping to shape the brand strategy for a growing startup with a powerful story to tell
- Creative storytelling and communicating complex or abstract concepts in ways that are clear and memorable
- Thinking about identity systems and the principles that guide where we stay consistent and where we introduce differentiation
- Obsessing over craft and details while still being grounded in pragmatism
- Brainstorming solutions alongside incredibly smart, hardworking people from across engineering, product, marketing, and design
- Working across a wide range of media and channels: web design, advertising, social media, print, events and 3D experiences… you name it
What excites us
- Being a team player—this role will require close collaboration with fellow designers and cross-functional partners
- Strategic, user-centric thinking—we ground our solutions in what’s best for our users
- Humility and having a growth mindset—we believe in big ambitions but not big egos, and that feedback is a critical part of good design
- Fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (or similar software), as well as Sketch or Figma
- Experience with animation (AfterEffects, Principle, etc.) is a plus
- Interest in copywriting is a plus
- Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com