- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Design & UI
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
About our team
The design team at Plaid is made up of service designers, interaction designers, writers, visual designers and researchers who work hand in hand with our peers in marketing, product management and engineering to create Plaid’s market defining products.
What you’ll do here
The Design Systems team is responsible for creating the unifying visual and interaction design foundation for all our user experiences. All product teams at Plaid rely on our design system to build beautiful, usable, and consistent user experiences.
As an experienced designer on Design Systems, you will join a multidisciplinary team to shape the foundations of Threads, our design system, from vision to designing and maintaining components, patterns, guidelines, and toolkits. This role is vital to our team and has a multiplier effect, as the output of your work will be reflected in experiences across all our products.
What excites you
- Providing strong input into strategy for bringing our design system from zero to one, as we expand it across Plaid’s products and platforms.
- Taking the lead on designing the foundations of our design system
- Building and maintaining our Figma libraries
- Collaborating with our developers on the creation and implementation of components
- Evolving components and patterns in our system, based on needs in product teams
- Writing documentation and design system guidance for designers, engineers, and other cross-functional partners
- Working collaboratively to drive system adoption across design, product, and engineering teams
- Contributing to our design team and culture through collaboration, play, presenting work, and sharing feedback
What excites us
- 2-4 years experience working on design systems teams, reflected in having shipped design systems work. 6+ years of total experience as a Designer
- Track record of providing strong input into high-level strategy for design systems
- Proven experience helping front-end engineers and designers adopt design systems
- Solid knowledge of interaction design, and visual design. Strong awareness of accessibility standards
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Comfortable working across multiple product areas, making relationships and connecting different workstreams into unified system
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.